cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow approval for sb

0 Kudos

I'm in the extended classic scenario. I need to check the workflow approval before of the sb saving. How table, objects contains this information?

thanks

Sabrina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sabrina,

There is workflow preview function in the Shopping Cart. Which information do you need to check ? Approver name ? Approval steps ? or others ?

Regards,

Masa

0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I need to know the <i>approver name</i> before the sb saving.

Regards

Sabrina

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sabrina,

There is Approver preview in UI but I guess you need to get approver name in the BADI. Which BADI you are implementing? The easy way is go debug mode in the approval preview. It calls some WF simulation function modules.

What is the business scenario after you get approver name ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What do you mean by sb ? Is it sc (Shopping cart or something else ) ?

Couple of ways to find the equired details.

1) By SRM GUI logon, incase you know the shopping cart number, using BBP_PD Transaction, you can get the complete Shopping approver details there itself.

2) By SRM Web page, if you created a new shopping cart, in the Approver Preview section, just one level above the Order button, you can see the list of managers, who will be approving the shopping cart (With their details in 2 manner - graphical/ tabular details - like name, next level approver, etc )

3) By using the Standard SRM Workflow function modules, incase you know the Shopping cart details, you can get the approver list with their names, approving limit etc.

<b>

*-- get Approval preview - on the Shopping cart applet information - Standard SRM uses this function to get the Approval preview in the shopping cart

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PDH_WFL_PARAM_APPLET_FILL2'</b>

By creating a custom program, you can use the logic of fetching the approvers in advance, as done by SAP, you can get all the required details.

Refer this link for details.

<u>

<b>Try BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI using SE18 Transaction to determine SRM N-step level Approval Workflow</b>

Regards

- Atul

0 Kudos

Hi,

the flow is:

I create the sb

insert manually the approver

check if I inserted the approver

only after this, I save the sb

As consequence I need to check if i inserted the approver before the first saving of the shopping cart. When I must check the approver existence, I don't have already genereted the sb, i can't use the sb number because it doesn't exist in my system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Incase you want to know the the approver details, then follow these steps ->

Add the Approver and then instead of ordering the shopping cart using Order Button, put the SC on hold by pressing the Held Button. Then you will get the Shopping cart number there on the web page.

Then, log on via SRM GUI and see via BBP_PD transaction, what is effect of adding that approver to the SRM Approval Workflow.

Then again come back to the Web page, change the shopping cart by adding some other approver and in another logon / session, see via GUI, what is the new approval cycle ?

Alternatively, using the Shopping cart number, using the Function module -> BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL you can get the details od the Shopping cart in SRM GUI itself.

Hope it will help.

Regards

- Atul

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to make the check about the approver , <b>before</b> the genration of sb number. I must avoid to save, hold the sc before the check of the approver.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sabrina,

>I create the sb

>insert manually the approver

>check if I inserted the approver

>only after this, I save the sb

> I must check the approver existence

Are you going to disable the Order button ? or use CHECK BADI ?

Regards,

Masa

0 Kudos

I use the check badi or I can use other badi that can help me.

Regards

Sabrina

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina,

When you are at third stage of shopping cart creation that time only you will find one tab as "Approval Preview". You can click there and can check status for approval before ordering the nay shopping cart.

Please reward points if answer is achivable.

Regards,

Navneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabrina,

In shopping cart screen, there is option called "Approval Preview" you need to click that.

Regards,

Shiv