cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.4 version for EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any body implemented Netweaver 7.4 version for SAP EM box.

we would need Pros & Cons of 7.4 version to upgrade our current 7.3 version to 7.4 (Netweaver).

Appreciate for your help if u have any documentation or help for more details of 7.4 version for SAP EM box. (currently we are using EM 9.0), planning to upgrade to 7.4 Netweaver version.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sudhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

spacegaier
Explorer
0 Kudos

From a purely SAP EM application / process point of view, I am not aware of any differences based on the used underlying basis version. SAP EM 9.0 can work with NW 7.03, NW 7.31 as well as NW 7.4.

If you however consider upgrading to SAP EM 9.2, then NW 7.4 is a must since that is currently the only platform it is released for according to the PAM (probably due to the HANA parts).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we are using EM 9.0 with SP5 which is equal to EM9.1 on NW 7.31

1. please let me know wha are the additional benefits/features

that we get with EM 9.2 from EM 9.1

2. Is there any SP available to add for getting the 9.2 features on our current 9.0 SP5 version.

3. What are the main advantages/feature that will get with NW 9.4 on EM 9.0 SP5 and EM 9.2.

Our front end system (EP) is already on NW 7.4 which runs in Java stack. Now exploring whether its really need to upgrade our EM box to NW 7.4 version.

Kindly get back to me on this. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sudhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

You can find it here of release note SAP EM 9.2.

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000755031&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhan,

there are only EM 9.0 and EM 9.2 versions available.

In 9.2 you get Fiori integration, Smart Business and a dynamic Odata service:

More you can find here:

On 9.0 you only need NW 7.4 if you plan to use HANA. If you don't plan to use HANA on EM 9.0 there is no real need to upgrade from EM point of view.

Best regards,
Steffen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

You may have issues when you do technical upgrade on SAP Netweaver ABAP stack side.

This SAP OSS note gives you seven sections in detail about everything you are looking for.

1751237 - Add. info about the update/upgrade to SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (incl. SPs and SRs)

a)  Keyword

b) Important general information

c) Corrections to the guides

d) Preparing for the upgrade/update

e) Problems during the upgrade/update

f) Problems after the upgrade/update

g) Chronological summary

SAP Event Management standard checks after upgrade:

1. May get Cross browser issues.

2. May get Kernel Update https/http

3. Custom program may not work

4. SAP EM Web UI display detail issues.

5.  SAP EM WebUI may go right align instead of left align

6. So on...

I have posted below BLOG long back about one of my technical upgrade experience.

Check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII