cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Customer Creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to disable Customer Creation in my System.

I can achieve thru logic implementation in Exits, but I believe there must be some way using customization.

Any one having any idea, kindly post..!!

Thanking You All..!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just remove appropriate authorizations from the users on the system.

In our project, we did not give end users access to the transactions (in our case Material, so MM01/02, for you FD01/02, XD01/02 & friends).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for the reply, but we do not want it to be on user level,

we want to restrict this functionality for the whole system.

Thanking You All..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Jurgen said, you need to remove authorization to create customers from every role. Removing authorization from transactions XD01, etc. is not enough. You need to remove authorization to objects such as F_KNA1_BED, F_KNA1_GRP, etc.

However, how are you getting customers into your system in that case? If through an interface, then the interface user needs this authorization to be able to post.

It might be worthwhile to review the requirement or at least explain what you are trying to do so that others could provide better feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdullah Azzouni wrote:

As Jurgen said, you need to remove authorization to create customers from every role. Removing authorization from transactions XD01, etc. is not enough. You need to remove authorization to objects such as F_KNA1_BED, F_KNA1_GRP, etc.

No, that wouldn't work, because MDG checks the object authorizations as well (at least by default - you can bypass the backend authorization checks), and only allows the user to modify the fields he is entitled to, e.g. you can only create/edit the company code views you have access to by your authorizations.

If on the other hand you give full object authorizations (F_KNA1* objects etc.), but remove the transaction rights, then the user can create / edit any Customer, but only via the MDG-C "transaction" (FPM application).

You would reserve roles for XD01 etc. transactions to IT support personal or the migration team.

Best regards

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify my point further; F_KNA1_*, etc. will still be needed. However, if he does not want to "create" anything, he can remove the '01' activity and keep the others.

Again, I'm not sure what is the point or how the customers will be created if nobody is authorized to create customers.

Answers (0)