cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APL Error: SAP DBTech JDBC [259] invalid table name PROCEDURE_SIGNATURE_T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone successfully used the APL functions through Expert Analytics?  I am getting this error message about PROCEDURE_SIGNATURE_T table being an invalid table name.  See attached screenshot and error log.  We're on HANA revision 95, PA version 2.1, all variables in the source data are either varchar or INTEGER.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary, just double checking here, did you install the APL on top of your HANA installation ?

Thanks and regards,

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the scripts listed in the APL user guide and we have results for this one that show "APL_AREA" exists:

select * from "SYS"."AFL_AREAS"

But these three do not return anything for APL_AREA:

select * from "SYS"."AFL_PACKAGES"

select * from "SYS"."AFL_FUNCTIONS" where AREA_NAME='APL_AREA'

select * from "SYS"."AFL_FUNCTION_PARAMETERS" where AREA_NAME='APL_AREA'

I talked to our HANA admin and he was sure it was installed but now didn't see it as a plugin anymore, so he re-installed (I have the install log) and I'm still seeing the same results from the queries above. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

HANA Admin uninstalled and re-installed the APL several times (each with identical "successful" installation logs).  On the 4th "successful" install, it appears that it actually worked and all the APL functions are showing up and working properly through PA.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary,

Glad to know this is now working! Feel free to pass on the various install logs to me so that we can have a look to the root cause of the problem.

Best regards

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please also refer to Jayanta Roy post here: Solve the APL configuration issue for Expert

Best regards

Antoine

Answers (0)