Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

One simple question for you.

Is the sap instance number configured on SAP , ports and profiles parameters, environment variables or also in some tables in the database?

thanks in advance,

Ma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Marilia,

the profiles are stored not only on OS level, but also in DB. After a quick search in the notes I have found the tables TPFET and TPFHT, where the profiles are stored in the database. Or what is your question exactly?

Regards, Alwina

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The question here is where is instance number used and not where the profiles are stored.

Instance number is only used on profiles, ports and in exceptional cases filesystems/directories (Eg: /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00.

In addition to the above, RFC(s) is the only place where the instance number is used and they are stored in the database table.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I would say, the question is not really clear, the question was about "or also in some tables in the database", and the profile tables are also some tables in the database

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

parth_raval
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marilia & Experts,

Alwina is absolutely right. Profiles are first stored at OS level at the time of installation.

Once installation gets completed, profiles of active servers have been imported at SAP DB level using RZ10 transaction.

And yes tables TPFET and TPFHT are the key tables where profiles are stored in database. You can see these tables using transaction SE16.

Marilia please let us know if have any further quarries.

Thanks And Regards,

Parth Raval

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marilia,

Is the sap instance number configured on SAP

Yes instance number is used to define instances for a server,& configured during SAP installations typical e.g is like ABAP instance number or Java Instance number.

ports and profiles parameters

Both matters here,every instance execution depends on the instance number,with which you configured SAP Server at the time of installations,For this you could take a typical e.g like SAP GUI connections with SAP Server,if you provides wrong instance number under GUI connection configurations,after that you'll not be able to connect the server.

some tables in the database

I've to check for same.

Hope this will help you.

Good luck !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ma,

I don't think the instance number saves in the database tables.  It saves on OS level such as profile, environment variables, ports, etc.

Regards

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tahnkk you Adil!