cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0: How to launch Personas directly into sub-screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

Here is the usecase:

I want to use a url to directly launch into a screen which can be reached by SMEN screen>run tocde "IW21" with "Type" of "ZT">Press Execute button.

Using the "Short Link" feature, it can directly open the screen of IW21, but the "Type" field has to be filled with ZT and the execute button has to be pressed. I can put these actions into a script button and attach the button to the screen handler event.

I am wondering if there is another way of doing such without using the screen event handler? Thx.

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

It looks like what I am looking for. Many thanks. I will try it later. If it is confimed working, I will set your reply as the correct answer. :-). For now, I mark it as Helpful answer.

A quick thought shows an issue - the method you provided can prefill the fields with url parameters, but in my case, it does not only needs the prefill, but also needs to press the "execute" button in order to get to the next screen which I want to reach bu the url. I guess it would be impossible to do "pre-press" using the url parameters. Got to try it anyway. Thx.

Best regards,

Dong

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can also press a button or perform a menu command by adding the command code in your URL. Similar to passing a field value, add the corresponding command behind the execute button like this:

DYNP_OKCODE=<command>

So for instance, something like DYNP_OKCODE=STRT

You can usually see the command string if you click and hold the mouse button on the button and at the same time press F1 then release both. It should tell you in the popup window what the string is. If that doesn't work, you'll have to look into the GUI status definition for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thank you very much for your great tip. While, there is a little more thing to do in my case: when launch the url, it will go to the screen of "iw21" and fill the "Notification Type" with ZT. These can be done by the tip from Steve (thanks to Steve). Then, I need to press a hidden script button added by me which will prefill several fields of the next screen.

Can you show me how to use the url parameter to "press" my own script button after filling field first? Use your tip for my own-created button, I did not see and command string.

Here is a simplified case, appreciate if you can try it and inform me how you make it work:

Make a url to launch into a screen of "iw21" > Use an url parameter to fill the Type field with value ZT. >Create a script button which just "Push" the existing button "Notification" >Use another url parameter to "press" this script button. So basically, after launch the url, I expect to land on the screen after "iw21 with ZT"+execute btn.

Appreciate it and I badly need it to work!

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Tamas,

I added &~transaction=*IW21 RIWO00-QMART=ZT at the original url. By this I was expecting the Ui will be the screen of IW21 where the Type filed is filled with ZT. But in reality the screen was the next screen as if the "Notification" button was pressed. Do you have any idea why it behaviors like that? Thanks.

Good I moved forward a bit - but I need to find out how to use url parameters to "Press" my own script button.

Thanks.

Br,

Dong

Answers (0)