Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to genereate EAR file from the VDS installed on the server using 7.1

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Can you kindly let me know how to extract the EAR file from the VDS after changing the new ip address configuration.

I look forward in hearing from you.

Regards,

DP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

D P,

Please explain your use case so that we might better be able to assist you.

In any case, you might find some information in this document: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/007543fa-16fe-2d10-7183-ae6efa493...

Thanks,

Matt

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

We are migrating our MSSQL database to new ip address and also the idm installed system to is migrating. So the installation team asked me to generate a new EAR file, so that they would redeploy and reinstall the VDS.

VDS Version:

Virtual Directory Server Version 7.10.SP6.Patch0-141433 - Rev:141433

This program is a part of

SAP NetWeaver IdM 7.1

The new database ip address would be changed under the VDS->open the XML file -> Constants->

IDMCONNSTRING.

After changing the constants i need to generate an EAR file.

Based on the above specified link i was aeble to extract a new EAR File.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/007543fa-16fe-2d10-7183-ae6efa493...

Thanks for the link.

the new problem/issue is, when i have changed the extension of the EAR file to .zip and extracted to see what all file are there, i found only META-INF folder with 3 xml file and one ids.war file. There are no JAR files.

So how to include JAR files and which files needs to be includes. After extracting how to compare the cure EAR file and modified EAR after changing the constants.

Regards,

DP

former_member198652
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DP,

As you said, "when i have changed the extension of the EAR file to .zip and extracted to see what all file are there, i found only META-INF folder with 3 xml file and one ids.war file. There are no JAR files.",  is wrong,

After extracting EAR file we need to convert it into JAR format, as from Matt suggested Doc,

If you feel any issues, take help from Portal team or BASIS, as they will have more exposure on SUM.

Regards,

Jaya