cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMC buffer overflow when Updating reading pricing for each bid.

former_member207526
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts ,

We have write a report program , that updating, reading pricing for each bid .We are reading in range like for last 3 month or 6 months.

So data reading & updating pricing is in loop . So when 40 line item data processed then we are getting dump related to VMC memory overflow .

How we can overcame this issue . Is there any way to clear buffer after every BID or line item of loop .

Please help and suggest .

Thanks in Advance ,

Rishi verma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baris_yalcin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

you can reset the IPC VMC cache with with the following function modules as described in the SAP note 867428 "Adapt buffer refresh times of VMC based AP 7.00 engines":

- Call IPC_DET_CLEAR_CUST_BUFFER to refresh the customizing data buffers of the AP Pricing Engine

- Call PRC_CNV_UTIL_CLEAR_BUFFER to refresh the data buffers of the currency and unit conversion.

- Call PRC_CLEAR_PRODUCT_BUFFER to refresh the product master data buffers.

- Call TTE_REFRESH_CUSTOMIZING to refresh the customizing data buffers of the AP Tax Engine.

Best regards,
Baris

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't know about this one, but one thing is use this functions via SE37 outside a process and another thing is using it inside a custom program which is in the middle of a process. Plus each restart of the VMC decreseases the performance as the whole cache would need to be filled again, don't you think?

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Regrading the VMC Pricing memory  issue, you need to contact to your basis team.

He/she will update the memory in RZ12.

Best regards,

Dinesh

former_member207526
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Dinesh ,

Thanks for your response , but my issue is to clear VMC in report because i am getting dump after 40 line item in loop while updating , reading price /bid.

My next question is if basis team will update memory then will it clear buffer every time , because my report program will fill buffer again .  How these setting help me . Please suggest .

Thanks ,

Rishi verm

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had some problems about VMC and it's bottleneck some time ago, I'm not sure if is exactly your scenario but this information may help you. Our solution was about find a balance between system settings and the custom code, you can have some control on that if udpate is done inside a RFC or as a background job, this will generate a new LUW which will get destroyed once the update is finished, so the memory will be released. In our scenario we have a massive processing, so I used RFC to get adavantage of the process paralelization to speed it up plus avoid VMC bottlenecks, but even with that your basis team should check if VMC values are set according to the SAP recommendations, you can find some note which explains that and which rules you should apply to size it correclty, it's not easy stuff.

Cheers!

Luis

former_member207526
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot , Luis for you response .

Can i assume using FM that clear IPC or VMC buffer will not help me . Actually i found few FM that clear IPC/VMC buffer ....

like:  IPC_DET_CLEAR_CUST_BUFFER

Thanks ,

Rishi

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't know about this one, I don't believe you should the one who triggers the VMC via report as unspected behaviour can happen and SAP won't support it you can try CRM_ORDER_INITIALIZE but I'm not sure if will solve your issue for a long term.

former_member207526
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Luis for your suggestion ..

.... I will contact my basis team ...