cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventory data loading issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we skip the initial stock loading (2LIS_03_BX) and perform the 2LIS_03_BF -material movement?

With Regards,

Swaroop Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

Just to add one thing with the answers of other experts:

Can you skip 2LIS_03_BX datasource (I will call it as BX in further reply)? - Ideally yes, but this is specific to how you plan to load 2LIS_03_BF datasource (I will call it as BF in further reply).

So when can you skip BX? - Well, ONLY if you are loading all the historical data from your source system. BX datasource is used to extract the current stock at the time of initialization and BF datasource is used to extract all (in many cases not all historical data) the historical data up to the point when you are initializing.

For example, lets say you are extracting on 5/22/2015 and your material M1 was created in year 2010 with initial value of 5000. And on 5/22/2015 your stock value of material M1 is 10.

So

Case 1: BX is used in extraction:

If you extract BX datasource on 5/22/2015 your stock value for M1 will be 10. And for BF there are two cases now:

i) You load data from 2012 till 2015 (today) - lets say on 01/01/2012 your stock value of M1 was 2000. so BF will pick data from M1 stock = 2000. So ideally you are missing the initial stock value of M1 as 5000 that was in 2010. Now when you will load the delta data system will know that on 5/22 the stock of M1 was 10 (because you load BX) and it can easily calculate the next day wise stocks in delta run.

But when you look at the historical data for M1 prior to 2012 you will get incorrect results because you have loaded data only from 2012.

So, future data will be correct but not all historical data will be correct in this case.

ii) You load data from 2010 till 2015 (today): So in this case your all historical plus future data for M1 will be correct as system will have all the initial stocks from the time the material was created.

Case 2: BX is not used in extraction:

If you DO NOT extract BX datasource on 5/22/2015. For BF there are two cases now:

i) You load data from 2012 till 2015 (today) - lets say on 01/01/2012 your stock value of M1 was 2000. so BF will pick data from M1 stock = 2000. So ideally you are missing the initial stock value of M1 as 5000 that was in 2010. Now when you will load the delta data system will NOT have any information about the initial stock so it cannot calculate the correct delta values plus the historical data will also be incorrect.

So, future and historical data will be incorrect. Ideally this is not what you want

ii) You load data from 2010 till 2015 (today): So in this case your all historical plus future data for M1 will be correct as system will have all the initial stocks from the time the material was created.

So conclusion is:

Use BX datasource is you are not loading all the historical data from your source system else you can skip it ONLY IF you are loading all historical data.

I hope it helps to make clear choice.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your detailed explaination

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shahidimam_shaik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

Yes, You can skip the Stock Initialization, but make sure that is your requirement.

Best regards,

Shahid.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No. First we need to load BX Data and later BF Data.

Mean if you don't need BX data then you can go with BF only as per needs.

But if want BX then first load BX and later BF Data.

we need to follow the sequence while loading inventroy data.

Thanks

former_member184884
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you're implementing brand new BW & ECC systems then you can directly go for BF data load, else its better to go in the order first BX and then followed by BF.

Hey there are countless docs/blogs available on this topic in SCN, please search before posting here!

Thanks & Regards,

Harish

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

in our project we are using the BF data source and we are not using BX,UM data source.

you need to load the data according to your business requirements.

Thanks,

Phani.