Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking ID

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

hI,

we are working in TM-EM integration whereby business uses HOBL/hbl no as a tracking ID. As I understand FO/FB are the std tracking ID used in EM.If we use HBL/MBL as a tracking ID is it an enhancement for trcaking ID extractor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Appreciate your response here.

Also if we specify SO/PO No under document reference tab for freight order can we use those No as a tracking ID also?

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use all the IDs as Tracking ID if you enhance the Tracking ID extractor on application system side.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

However in case we use reference numbers like SO/PO  for tracking in EM how will the coding logic be used since we are using EM integration with TM only for the shipper scenario and the document reference tab in TM is used to capture PO/SO/STO No only.We are not integrating EM with ECC directly to capture PO/SO No.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

We have already discussed long back.

Are you looking for same thing? Logic is same and no difference.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I can see one more document written by Marco on SAP TM Multiple Tracking ID.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50bc52ff-202c-3110-f9a2-98600af28...

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the only thing I would like to confirm that with EM integration to TM when we pass additional tracking ID like PO/SO/Delivery order No is it mandatory that in document reference tab of freight order, the delivery/PO/SO No should be maintained.

Also Since the tracking ID extractor is speciifed to AOT level for freight order , hence how will system update in EH list the TRK ID for PO/SO/Delivery No when such document do not exist in TM.Thats where I am still confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Either you can create SO/PO/Delivery additional tracking id upon creation of Freight order event handler or when event message reported along with SO/PO/Delivery, then you can create additional tracking id.

Both ways are possible.  Check above link which I have mentioned.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Beside maintaining additional tracking ID in extractor, do we also need to maintain the document No i.e PO/SO/Delivery in FO ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

I think the whole problem is that your question does not belong to this forum . Meaning it should go into the TM forum instead.

I think you want to know how do we get the Sales Order or Delivery or PO Number during the extraction process.

Even though the ref. documents are not shown in the TM web UI, does not necessarily mean that the information is not available for that TOR object. So do the following:

use T-Code: /BOBF/TEST_UI

Instantiate /SCMTMS/TOR for the FO ID. And then drill down to node = ITEM_TR_TRQ_ITEM

Here, check if BASE_BTD_ID and ORIG_BTD_ID are populated. The TCO field refers to whether it is a STO / SO or Delivery etc.

If you find this populated, ask your developer to read this node in the Tracking ID extractor to add SO/PO or DEL as additional tracking IDs.

Please reward points if this is helpful.

Thanks.

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

It doesn't require to capture as separate parameters for PO/SO/DLY as you have already captured on Tracking ID. Tracking ID's (EH Tracking ID and EVM Tracking ID) are available to bring onto SAP EM WebUI, If you define configured fields and User profile.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually that was what confirmation I was looking for:

Instantiate /SCMTMS/TOR for the FO ID. And then drill down to node = ITEM_TR_TRQ_ITEM

Here, check if BASE_BTD_ID and ORIG_BTD_ID are populated. The TCO field refers to whether it is a STO / SO or Delivery etc.

If above is the case then BTD ID is mandatory for making use of additional tracking ID.

Gopi-Can you kindly confirm since you had informed that just adding parameters would be sufficient but logically unless BTD ID are populated in FO/FB the TM document extraction process would be not able to identify the corresponding ECC document No. I hope you agree with that.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Appreciate your confirmation here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Have you tried the Debarata solution?

Yes, that's right unless until you pass parameters in SAP EH POST and Event Message BAPI from SAP TM.  The order numbers cannot be visible in SAP EM.

You can check and let us know the outcome.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any constraint on the No of Tracking ID we can use for speciifc event handler .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipak,

What is your process like ? Order based Transportation Requirement (OTR) or Delivery based Transportation Requirement (DTR). These are the 2 scenarios for logistics planning  of ERP Orders or Deliveries in SAP TM.

In both the cases, it can not be that SAP TM does not have the Base BTD ID "NOT" populated.

Hence, during extraction, you should always have the BASE_BTD populated and thus be able to have SOs / POs etc. as tracking id.

Thanks,
Deb

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

If you check the above data here although the OTR/DTR/FO has been generated but when I go to freight order and try to view the document reference tab, its still empty. I could not check the BOBF due to authorisation issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI...Dipak..

Speaking from EM point of view....the additional tracking id is created during event handler creation, when anyone pass the additional id in the trackingheader...so It seems to me...tracking id extractor should be used in this case...

Regards,

Ratnakar