cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM EHP3 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to install SRM  EHP3 on a new system. I went through the master guide and installation guide.But I want to understand more if, we can install SRM EHP3 directly on a fresh system or do we have to upgrade it from 7.0 step wise. Also I want to check if UI Addon/ Fiori Addon is available for SRM 7.0 however supporting only transactional apps.

Please see that we are still in plannning phase, and I am a little new to the installation procedure and assisting my basis team. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

If I understand "on a new system" as meaning a fresh install then yes you can install SRM 7.0 EHP3 directly.

I do see the Fiori addon for SRM but can't confirm the actual content of the addon.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

I might not be very clear with my requirement earlier.

What I meant was, can we install SRM 7.0 EHP3 as a fresh install rather than an upgrade from the earlier EHPs. If so can you please provide me the download path.  I have only found the EHP3 installable which was marked as "AddOn: Yes" which means we can only upgrade from an earlier version. Is my understanding right.?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Let's try and avoid any ambiguity.

If you have an existing SRM system eg: SRM 7.0 EHP2 then you need to update to EHP3.

If you are installing a brand new (never existed) system then you can install directly to SRM 7.0 EHP3.

you can find the required software on Marketplace under:

My company's Application Components => My Company's Software =W SAP SRM => SAP SRM Enhancement Package => EHP3 for SAP SRM 7.0.

For a Oracle install the list would look like what is shown in the screen shot.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

This is what I was looking for. Great help. Thank you.

Also, I have one more doubt here. If you see the files for SAP SRM 7.0, we have kernel files and database files provided in the download list. But incase of EHP3, we only have export files. As it is a fresh system, can we install the kernel and database files from SRM 7.0 and then import the "exports for EHP3".?

Please find below the screenshot for download list of SRM 7.0.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

A little bit of bedtime reading:

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...

The above link points you to the various guides you would need as well as a Media List required (the .pdf is not up to date) for the install.

The screen shot you have provided shows you have selected "SRM 7.0 UPGRADE". This is not what you want for a "fresh/vanilla" (now you have me thinking of ice cream) install.

Please select "SAP SRM ENHANCE PACKAGE" and then "EHP3 FOR SAP SRM 7.0" as mentioned previously. In addition to the SRM components, you will also need to download the Netweaver 7.4 components.

Conceptually, think of it this way . Mrs Karthik has asked you to build her a lovely new house (all of this whilst you're trying to do a SAP install). First you need to lay down the foundations (NW740) and then you build your house (SRM 7.0 EHP3) on top of the foundations.

I hope the waters are a little less muddy now.

Good luck with the install and enjoy.

KR,

Amerjit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SRM UI Add-On is available for SRM 7.0 EhP3. I think this is probably what you mean by the Fiori Add-On.