Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make use of my experience as a consultant in other ERP now with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have plenty of experience using PeopleSoft. However I have been out of the field for a few years. I would like to restart my career in SAP. I am prepared to train and build up my knowledge. I use SAP in my current job where it is used manage data related to manufacturing and dispatch of consumer goods to market.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carl,

SAP Process gives you complete process knowledge , so If your process knowledge is strong enough to get familiar with SAP if you have worked in  other ERP system like people soft or Oracle.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carl,

SAP Process gives you complete process knowledge , so If your process knowledge is strong enough to get familiar with SAP if you have worked in  other ERP system like people soft or Oracle.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carl,

You need to get a strong hold of SAP (the module you choose), this will come with concept clarity (mastering the theory) and lots of practice (both, transaction level and configuration). The other things for a functional consultant - understanding the issues faced by business, analytical skills and providing solution - your already posses these, from your prior experience as ERP consultant.

TW