cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade Protection - why is this happening?

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

We are on Solman 7.1 SP12 and started using Cross System Object Lock in the last few weeks.

We are experiencing a strange issue with Downgrade Protection that is stopping us from importing to our PreProduction environment.

When trying to import (via the task list), this appears:

I have checked ALL of the change documents belonging to the above transports. I went into each one (CRM Web Client UI) and looked at the Downgrade Protection Assignment block. There is NO conflcits. I even refreshed the Downgrade Protection assignment block for all of them...still no conflicts.

So why is this appearing???

I also read this:

Where in the task list can I trigger a downgrade check? I don't see this anywhere. It would be great if I could run a check so I knew which conflict it was talking about because in my eyes there are NO conflicts.

This is pretty urgent as we can't run imports until this is resolved. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun, also check if CTS_PLUG is consistent and distributed in all systems in your landscape. We just upgraded some systems and after that, DGP was throwing false conflicts, so we had no option but migrating manually outside of charm. Check in transaction SZENPLUGIN and if plugin is not consistent, please distribute.

Regards,

Jose

juandavid_murcia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Is very important check all notes about DGP and apply because the funtionality has some problems.

I hope this information helps

1370538 (Cross System Object Lock: System is under upgrade)

1604353 (CSOL: remove lock entries for empty requests)

1795610 (CSOL: Basis update for cross-transport domain support)

1895691 (CSOL: Locks are not written by Workbench Organizer)

1900560 (CSOL: Enhanced Transport Organizer Integration)

1948218 (CSOL check leads to termination in SE54)

1955257 (CSOL: Table keys are not locked correctly)

2000350 (SE09: Cross-system object locks (CSOLs) are not removed during task deletion)

2055940 (Repeated display of warning for CSOLs (STMWFLOW035))

2120368 (CSOL: conflict between requests to different clients)

Regards

Juan

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is a screenshot proving my point:

All the conflicting transports in the second column are ALREADY IN PRODUCTION.

All the change documents for these transports are closed also.

I looked at the CSOL object monitor and none of these transports are locked.

So why is this appearing in Downgrade Protection?? Has me stumped and is becoming a huge issue.

Thanks
Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun, please check that there are several notes about DGP false conflicts:

1983914, 2109432, 2165455. Please check if any of these helps. Also check 2138047 for DGP housekeeping. In case you still need to turn it off until fixed, you can deactivate DGP without deactivating CSOL.

Regards,

Jose

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

Unfortunately this never resolved the issue and I still get conflicts for REALLY old changes that are in Production already (some changes before we even had CSOL activated).

Any ideas?

Cheers
Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any ideas?

Due to this, we are seriously considering turning CSOL off (which would be a huge shame). But unfortunately this is causing many headaches for end users.

Thanks
Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I read some documentation and found that during import, the CSOL conflicts are displayed against the Change Cycle (not the Change Document).

The only thing is, a lot of the conflicts being reported are for changes that went to Production months ago! (i.e. the conflicting transport is already in Production).

Surely conflicts like this shouldn't appear. I mean, if its already in Production it's not a conflict because of course objects in Production will eventually change!

Any feedback on how this works?

Thanks

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun, is this still happening to you? Have you tried note 2109432 - DGP release checks gives unnecessary conflicts for urgent change and normal change in the same Project cycle

Regards,

Jose

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jose!!!

I have implemented this note so let's see if that resolves the issue

Cheers!

Shaun

juandavid_murcia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

I had a similar error, but importing the maintenance cycle to production, the error was like a down grade protection error, but checking it carefully all change documents, we found that we had an urgent change in a wrong status, in my case the urgent change was installed, but the status was released by the system, after fixing the urgent change to the correct status, we could import the cycle to production.

I hope this experience can help you.

Regards.

Juan

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is still happening for us

None of the transports importing have ANY conflicts.

How can we get around this? It's becoming so frustrating we are considering not using CSOL at all.

Thanks!!

Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I deleted ALL the locks for the transports being imported....error STILL appears!!!

I think it's checking conflicts for the ENTIRE project, not just the transports being imported (which doesn't sound right). Can anyone confirm?

Is there any report you can run to view conflicts for a particular project?

Thanks
Shaun