cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSOL behavior with one DEV feeding multiple PROD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a fan of CSOL and find great value in it even if we do not use Retrofit.  However, one of our system landscapes is more unique than the others we have, and I'd like to get expert advice before attempting to activate CSOL for said system.

I have a ChaRM Project with one Development (Source) feeding four QA (target) and four Production systems.  Here's what the Logical components look like (with fake SIDs):

1) DEV/100 --> QA1/100 --> PR1/100

2) DEV/100 --> QA2/100 --> PR2/100

3) DEV/100 --> QA3/100 --> PR3/100

4) DEV/100 --> QA4/100 --> PR4/100

So let's assume I activate this against DEV/100.  When I create a change, would it reserve a lock in all four Production systems (so, four different locks)?  And I assume it would delete each PR* lock as it's imported to that respective Prod system.  I would assume there would be a CSOL warning until the change has been imported to all four Production systems, correct?

Thanks,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David

When you are talking about 4 different Production systems,In your Request for Change, you need to select the IBASE mentioning the corresponding Production system corresponding to a change document(Normal or Urgent). How will you be handling this when you have 4 Production systems as Targets ?

By the way, only one CSOL Lock gets Created and the Locks will be removed only when an Import_all is performed in the specific Target Production system.

Regards,

SAP Basis - SolMan Administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  I should've mentioned that we actually used IB52 and shared one iBase component with the four Production systems.  So, literally, every transport should import to all 4 Production systems at roughly the same time.

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David

The cross-system object lock functionality ensures that when an object is changed in a managed system, a lock entry is created for this object in the central SAP Solution Manager system. Depending on the selected conflict analysis scenario, this lock entry prevents changes being made to this object by any other change (transport request). This applies to all managed systems and clients for which the cross-system lock has been activated.

Once the cross-system object lock has been activated, the system can detect conflicts between objects in transport requests that have the same production system or the same production client as their transport target.

Depending on the customization and your CSOL setting It will create the lock in SMP its not like it will create 4 locks, It will create a lock to the production system which is mentioned in the target of your transport request. Warning may not be generated as every time it will be different production system. If you are trying to modify the same object in same client I guess that functionality is itself present in tms for SAP as objects got locked.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any feedback would be much appreciated!