Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

performance for huge table

Hi  Friends

I need to fill data from excel file and implement below logic for all the fields  and at last finally need to update custom table .

A  table has  more then 35 fields  then in these fields there is one field  ' STATUS ',

first after picking data from file  need  to check all 35 fields one by one from starting 2nd field of table ,, if any field has value then its mean  1  ,if not then 0   like that  need to read table from  2nd field of table and concatenate these values and pass to  field  STATUS .

Eg   if  table  test had  5 fields

1  A =  'ttt' .

2  B =     ,

3  C =  '33'

4  D =  '343',

5  Status .      In this case  status values should be  '1011'.

now my query if  what could be the most optimized , performance side best method to write this logic as there will be multiple records and  35 fields need to read to update this logic .

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Kushi,

Your doubt regarding performance is correct ... But I think, 30 IF .. ENDIFs and 30 times DO will not have much difference .. May be its a nested loop but both does the same right! .. DO might have very small performance than IFs .. For example if you have 100 fields you can't imagine how many lines we should write for that ...

As MATTHEW suggested, it is better to keep SY-SUBRC check and populate the number for DO statement dynamically ..

I think you can close the thread, this will be the best optimised and good code for your requirement ...

Thanks & Regards,

Arun.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question