cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does EIS support non-SAP system?

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

This question may not be in the correct forum, so please point me in the right direction.

Does EIS (or another tool?) support visibility of inventory into SAP and non-SAP systems? We have many plants that are both on SAP and non-SAP. Some of these locations produce the same finished product. If I have a consolidated view of inventory, it could help a global planner direct production capacity from one location to another.

Second, is there a tool that can have the inventory feed into inventory/MRP optimization? I'm talking about operational planning like adjusting safety stock levels or better forecasting, as well as at controlling level (ABC/XYZ segmentation, policy settings, etc).

Vlad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vlad,

EIS does support visibility of inventory from SAP and non-SAP systems but you have to input data into the EIS model from those systems and locations.

For most implementations, we start with a "Manual" model where data is collected into our SGLT (SAP EIS Gateway Loading Tool) Excel tool that reformats the data for input directly into the EIS model.  If you can extract the required data from all source supply chain and ERP systems, regardless of whether they are SAP systems, in flat file  or csv format into the SGLT, EIS can run a model and recommend safety stocks.  We have many customer already running successfully that use both SAP systems and non-SAP systems. If there are multiple locations with the same item as you state, EIS, will be able to balance the inventory between locations to carry the lowest cost inventory values and achieve target customer service levels.

EIS will recommend safety stock levels at these locations but it will still the job of the MRP system/process to calculate production/procurement to meet that inventory requirement.  To answer your second point, EIS output is safety stock recommendations at all included locations.  Those safety stocks should but input into MRP, combined with other requirements (for cycle stock for example) to drive production.

EIS also has demand intelligence tools to analyze the forecast and adjust the forecast error coefficient of variation (CV) based on customer settings.  This demand analytics should be reported back to the demand planner to tune the finished goods forecast.  But EIS is not a forecasting tool but uses the CV to determine safety stock requirements.  These demand analytics can be configured to meet customer policies.

Look through the EIS material on SCN more closely to see more details about your questions and answers.

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Dave,

I've looked at the various education materials and played various videos. What I don't see are EIS screenshots in printed or video form. I'd like to get a feel for the user interface. Any video of actually using the software for a particular business scenario would be ideal. Do you have anything?

Vlad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vlad,

Here is the link to a document that is called SAP EIS UI Training that runs through many screen shots and navigation clicks to accomplish several tasks.  The focus is on network visualization, scenario creation and reporting.

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Great. Look forward to the link.

Answers (0)