cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG: Create filters in the search help to simulate the functionality provided by the dictionary search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDG experts,

I need help adding a search help in a field of a table in a change request, that when I choose a value, all the fields of the seleted search help record will be mapped to the fields of the table.

To carry it out, I created a feeder class Z, to redefine the methods need the CL_BS_BP_GUIBB_LIST class.

I tried the following solutions to do this:

1.In the get_definition method, if I associate the field (which acts as OVS), the values of the dictionary search help are listed  but only one field is transfered to the record table.

2. Implement the OVS_HANDLE_PHASE_2 method (I determine which values ​​appear in F4Help) and method OVS_HANDLE_PHASE_3 (which perform the mapping of other fields in the table register). The values ​​are displayed correctly, as well as the mapping of other fields in the record. Now, I need to restrict values before the search help runs. But I don't know how to do that.

My question is: can I create filters in the search help to simulate the functionality provided by the dictionary search help with OVS_HANDLE_PHASE_0 implementing the method and/or the method OVS_HANDLE_PHASE_1?

Thank you very much for your time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We had a requirement to filter results based on the value of a second field.

The simplest way to filter search help results we found was to:

• Create a Z-Table with the filtered list
  • Code within the OVS~HANDLE_PHASE_2 method to select the results based on the Z-table

OVS~HANDLE_PHASE_2 is the method used to fill the results list so this is the method you are required to enhance in order to filter the results list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Thank for your reply Benjamin, but I found the solution to my problem by another way.

Looking for a solution, and making a few examples, I found the solution looking the class CL_BS_SP_GUIBB_FUNCTIONS.

In this class, are implemented the method IF_FPM_GUIBB_OVS~HANDLE_PHASE_1. In it, defines the structure of the filter. The way is using the method set_input_structure is this:

io_ovs_callback->set_input_structure( input = "workarea_with_the_structure_that_you_need")

This method implements the structure of the search help filter.

When the user inform the filter, and before show the results, in method OVS_HANDLE_PHASE_2, we can read this filter information, which is in ir_query_parameter (method parameter).

I hope this solution help's you to solve similar problems.

Answers (0)