Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After System Copy (PRD to QAS), problem applying license on target system

HenryLeung
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to copy PRD to an existing (overwriting) QAS system.  Both systems are ECC6.0 running on Windows 2008 R2 and SQL 2012.  Here are the steps I took so far:

1. Backup the DB of the PRD system.
  2. Stop the QAS instance.
  3. Restore the DB to the QAS system.
  4. With SWPM, run the "Data Refresh or Move" tool.
  5. Choose the Homogeneous System Copy option.

I'm having trouble applying the license on the target system after a system copy.  In SLICENSE, the system number on QAS got changed.  It is now the same as PRD.  So the existing license file doesn't work. Then I tried to request a new key but can't.  It won't let me change the System Number.  Is there a step that I missed?

I used to perform the same steps on our old R/3 system.  I could just use the existing license file without any problem.

Thanks.

Henry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Remove the old licenses and install the correct license as described here

Installing a License Key - SAP Licensing Procedure - SAP Library

If the issue persists then attach the trace file(s).

HenryLeung
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm getting the following error:

This system's system number is "000000000001555844", but there is a license key

for system number "000000000001484203" in file "QAS_license.txt".

Since the System Number is changed after the copy, I couldn't use the old license file.  Do I have to remove the whole system completely from SAP and then re-add it back in?  I would like to avoid this and I'm not sure whether it will even work.

Thanks.

Henry

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This system's system number is "000000000001555844", but there is a license key

for system number "000000000001484203" in file "QAS_license.txt".

For the resolution you could follow SAP Note 836348 - License key: "This system's system number is ..."

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Delete the old license which all are  belongs to production system. after that you can apply  new license.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi Henry,

Delete all old licenses first. This will remove the system number stored in the system and other details. Then apply new license or the old QAS license which you saved using sap* in 000 client. This will work.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Former Member

Hi Harry,

Please modify the  the license key text file, enter the correct system number and try again.  Else delete the old license keys, request the new license key from Market place.

Regards

Adil

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Everything has already been mentioned under the shared SAP Note by me ,if you follows the same ,your system could start earlier .Anyways nice to know issue has been resolved .

Wish you the best !!

HenryLeung
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

With so many response coming in all at once, I didn't have a chance to look at the note.  Now that I did, the note is spot on.  Thanks.

Henry

HenryLeung
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is working now.  In SLICENSE, I deleted all the licenses first.  The System Number in the Current Settings section got cleared.  It no longer displayed the PRD System Number.  Then I was able to install the license using the existing license file.

Thanks everyone.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

delete the old entries of license and then apply the new license on the server.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi