Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.4 .... PO ???

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi !

Though it might be silly of me to ask this I wish to take this to the forum for better clarification (tried various sources but couldn't get  a convincing reply)....

we are talking abt building interfaces on PI7.4 and on PO aswell...but are they the same? is PI 7.4 otherwise termed PO? offcourse i understand that PO comes with PI+BRF+BPM but also read some article on single stack PI 7.4 being PO aswell....any thoughts on this please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below link:

PI 7.4 means based on Hana.

PO means BPM+BRM+ PI (dual o AEX)

regards,

Roberto.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI 7.4 is optimized to use SAP HANA(we can install on HANA DB with some limitations) but it's not mandatory.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Single stack installation of SAP PI is called SAP PO. Whether it's SAP PI 7.3 or 7.4

It was introduced in SAP PI 7.3.

Different features are getting added with each version release.

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP NetWeaver 7.4 is optimized for SAP HANA. It enables the use of SAP HANA as the underlying database and facilitates the optimization of applications for SAP HANA. It also includes new and changed features for the Application Server ABAP, connectivity, UI technologies, Business Warehouse and security.

http://goo.gl/haNcXe

and yes, you are right about PO = BRM + BPM and Pi

It combines the integration capabilities of SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Advanced Adapter Engine Extended (AEX) with the process modeling, operation, and monitoring capabilities of SAP NetWeaver Business Process Management (BPM). Like AEX, Process Orchestration is based on AS Java only

Process Orchestration - SAP Library

Regards,

Saiyog

jensfieger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>single stack PI 7.4 being PO aswell....any thoughts on this please?

if you have just installed the usage type "AEX" then it's nothing but single stack PI not PO

If you install the usage type "Process Orchestration " then it enables three applications i.e. PI + BPM + BRM