cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columns in the table columns go missing and some of them are jumbled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Background: We created a flavor for VA01 where we updated the 'All items' table to make "Customer Material Number", "Shipping point", "Plant", "Delivery priority", "Item Category" fields visible in the table in Personas(only). These table fields are not seen/pinched in the backend though these are not marked to be "invisible" in the table administration. Hence, letting us view all the visible fields in personas as per the backend settings.

We then go into Personas and update the fields so as to make them selectively visible in Personas and Hide all other table fields.

Issue: We tried to import this flavor into a different client or even tried using transport method to move this flavor into testing system from Dev.However, when we move this flavor into a new client/system, the table columns go missing or those which are there are jumbled up? How do I avoid this?  Will the table settings made in Personas not be the same when transported? Will I have to redo the table settings everytime they are moved into a new system? Is there a way I can avoid this in Personas 2.0?

Thanks in advance,

Gautam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We plan to move with this in production in a month's time. Can someone help us with a solution? As per the table variant in the backend, these are all visible columns. I only changed the order in which they are to be seen in the Personas end. Why are they all getting jumbled up?

Please suggest a way ahead.

Thanks,

Gautam

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

I had a similar issue and what I had to do was to first check that the table settings in table administration (SAPGUI) were all the same in each client. Set it up as basic settings and apply system wide and you then only have to make sure your users all have their views set to basic settings and you should be fine:

Hope this helps,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Ian.

All my users have this basic setting already set up. Post this, all I am doing is, hidding some columns and changing their order in Personas.

I am not sure where am I going wrong, when these flavors are exported or transported, the columns get jumbled up. Should i be rearranging them in production too, even after transporting them?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When you transport them, do they still work for you?

In my scenario I just found that my basic settings in each client were different so I had to spend time in each client getting all the columns in the same order before my flavors worked correctly.

I'm curious now to know what the solution to this is, so I'm hoping that someone else can assist

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Ian and explaining your scenario. It helps to make sure I am not doing the same. After the transport, it works for me - as in the table has the columns but then I have to re-arrange them again or make a few invisible again. This is fine until it goes into test system. However, it wont be acceptable to allow these changes in Production.

I hope someone who may have gone through similar issue will be able to add their comment here.

Thanks again Ian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have raised an OSS message and am working with SAP expert on this. Hope to get a quick resolution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Updating the thread for the benefit of others:

I was changing the order of the table columns in Personas and I am suggested that the order of the columns in the front end will follow the same order that of backend.

I need to try to set the order the same way as it is in Server and then check again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian,

I am assuming we are going back to your suggested approach. We have a global table variant. However we are having a new table variant created and we are assigning that variant to just the group of users who will be using Personas.

We will be using the program- rstcx_copy_tcvariant  to copy this variant to other users.

Thank you for the inputs.