cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value mapping Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the Value mapping replication, to update the Values in the Cache.

I know we will use the Context as http://sap.com/xi/XI  as a default.

I want to use the Custom name for this Context. Could you please let us know what are the advantages and disadvantages of using custom value for context.

Thanks,

Hemanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

The value mapping created in the integration directory uses value mapping context http://sap.com/xi/XI, So you have to use separate value mapping context for your value mapping replication otherwise existing value mapping which you created in integration directory may be overwrite with replicated value mapping.

Check below link for more details.

Value Mapping Replication for Mass Data - Integration Directory - SAP Library

In a replication scenario, the contents of the external value mapping table are read and sent to the Integration Server as an XML message. An inbound interface allows the external data and the data that you previously  created using the user interface of the Integration Directory to be stored together in a uniform format.

To avoid overwriting existing value mappings during the replication process, you assign the external data a  value mapping context . This needs to be a unique name that identifies that system or application from which the value mappings are taken.

The value mapping context appears in an additional column in the value mapping table. This allows you to differentiate between identical representations of the same object that come from different external data sources.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may be helpful.

Regards,

Saiyog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Custom Value Mapping Context are normally generated by executing proxy programs related to Value Mapping Replication found in t-code SPROXY.

Their advantage is that the values for Value Mapping Context can be populated in cache monitoring through updation of certain custom table which will be available in proxy code. Hence it can be updated both by PI consultant as well as by any functional consultant / business(in certain cases).

Their disadvantage is they are open to all as I stated above. On the other hand the advantage of Default/Standard context is it can only be updated by a PI consultant in integration builder, hence more secure.

For standard / default value mapping context, data can be updated in ID/ Integration Builder.

Hope this clears your queries

Regards,

Souvik

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

I used the custom value of context to segregate the value mapping of different processes.

One more advantage is to view the value mapping in RWB. by default you can view max 2k values in the RWB and separation can help in the validation.

regards,

Harish