cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization issue in ITSM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring ITSM on Solution manager 7.1 SP 4. We have decided to use solution manager's CRM web UI  platform.

The problem i am facing is, when i attached authorization role to the person who is going to create Incident, i am not able to see any service(CRM web UI is also empty i.e. navigation bar is empty).

I have done following configuration steps.

1. Start transaction Upgrade Tool for Profile Generator (SU25).

a) Choose Installing the Profile Generator -> Initially fill the customer tables.

b) In transaction Auth. Object Check Under Transactions (SU24), verify the traces.

Select Type of Application: External Service.

Select Type of External Service: UIU_COMP.

In the External Service field, enter: ' * '.

In the Selection Result list, selected any service at random by double-clicking it to check, and it is fine.

2. Copy standard Business Role "SOLMANPRO" to "ZCREATER".

3. Copy Navigation bar profile "SOLMANPRO" to "ZCREATER" , performed customization and attached to business role "ZCREATER".

Also assigned this Business role to Org. structure position.

4. Executed report "CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE" and given the business role "ZCREATER" as input.

5. Create New Authorization role by importing the file which was generated in step 4.

6. While generating the profile for this new role i got one error "too many values in field of object S_SERVICE.

And i deactivated this object. and then attached to the user.

7. Then, executed report "CRMD_UI_ROLE_ASSIGN" and enter the User ID.

In the output everything is ok and i got the message as role has been assigned to the user id.

But, After login with that ID, i am not able to see any service under Favorites.

I have gone through few blogs but not able to find any solution.

e.g. IT Service Management Roles and Authorizations - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manager -...

I think, as i had deactivated object S_SERVICE i am facing this issue.

Attaching User login profile for details, Please suggest the solution.

Thank you,

Prav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prav,

Can you please check in the ZCREATOR business role ...you have enabled the required links?

goto path SPRO->SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide->Customer Relationship Management->UI Framework->Business Roles->Define Business Role

this should resolve

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Please see the output, Even if I choose all the Direct links for SM-CREATE but Incident management, change management, problem management etc. are still not visible.

Thanks,

Prav

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prav

have you already tried with full authorization ?

with full authorization is everything visible .....at least we can rule out few options then.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Yes, I had attached SAP_ALL profile to end user and following additional authorization.

1. Role created for executing CRM_UI tcode from ABAP stack of Solution manager.

2. Customized Business role (ZCREATER) which gives only incident creation authorization.

I have done testing and it is working fine, means whatever customization I have performed in business role, only those are visible.

Therefore, I think there should be some missing authorization other than business role.

Thanks

Prav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prav,

I found the fallowing link

This could be helpfull for debugging and checking if the role is assigned correct.

Best Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

I had tried the steps given in the blog. Role is assigned to user id through SU01 as well as through organization structure. But still no luck.

The issue is, whatever customization performed in business role are not getting reflected in CRM UI screen.

When I attached SAP_ALL profile to the user id and tried executing CRM_UI transaction, the customization performed for business role were properly displayed.

But I can not attach SAP_ALL profile to the user id, some additional authorizations are required  other than business role which are missing in my case.

Do you know which additional authorizations are necessary for this.

Best Regards,

Prav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically you need the role which is associate with SOLMANPRO (Recommended way is to copy the business roles in Z namespace and then proceed accordingly)

generate the profiles for below and assign

SAP_SM_CRM_UIU_FRAMEWORK
SAP_SM_CRM_UIU_SOLMANPRO
SAP_SM_CRM_UIU_SOLMANPRO_ADMIN
SAP_SM_CRM_UIU_SOLMANPRO_CHARM

SAP_SM_CRM_UIU_SOLMANPRO_PROC

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Whatever you have suggested were already tried, but no success.

Regards,

Prav

former_member190736
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prav,

At solution manager, go to transaction SU01 and set parameter for your user

"CRM_UI_PROFILE" set the value "SOLMANPRO"

try open again the transaction CRM_UI and check if the navigator bar working now..

if work's just do the copy again of the role.

Thanks,

Carlos Paiva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for reply,

As per your suggestion, I have set the parameter "CRM_UI_PROFILE"  to value "SOLMANPRO"

But still not getting the correct result.

I have not change the business role assignment to organization structure, should i need to assign Business role there also?

Best Regards,

Prav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prav,

I would recommend that you use tc SOLMAN_SETUP to go thrue the neccessary setup steps for the ITSM Scenario.

May I ask why you use SP4 and not for example (at least) SP10 for your Solution Manager installation?

Best Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

1. I have already gone through SOLMAN_SETUP steps and completed those guided procedures.

2. I have joined the new organization and in this organization Solution manager system is already installed  with version 7.1 SP 4.

Best Regards,

Prav