SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI-CA interest calculation: percentage + premium + fixed amount

0 Kudos

Hello.

I have a requirement to implement an interest calculation in FI-CA, using a percentage plus a premium (up to here this is standard) but my customer wants also to add a fixed amount to the calculated interest.

Is this doable by using event 2065?

If not, how would you recommend to make the settings to fulfil the requirement?

Thanks a million in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Jean-Marie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

I would suggest you to have look at event 0032 which can create additional line items for a document in FICA.

So based on the origin key of the interest doc, you can plug in an enhancement to post the extra fixed charge through this event against each interest doc.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

I would suggest you to have look at event 0032 which can create additional line items for a document in FICA.

So based on the origin key of the interest doc, you can plug in an enhancement to post the extra fixed charge through this event against each interest doc.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello Amlan.

I'll give it a try.

However, the documentation of the events states that: "Purely statistical documents cannot be added to." I'm creating a statistical interest request.

I'll hook some logic in there and see if it works.

I keep you posted.

Best,

Jean-Marie

0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

The fixed amount that you are looking to post, is it statistical or non-statistical?

Anyways, I dont think event 0032 will help if you interest document is a statistical document.

Instead can you look at event 0020 and depending on the nature of the fixed amount document (Statistical\Non-statistical), you can use the FM FKK_CREATE_DOC or FKK_CREATE_DOC_ADDITIONAL to create the document for the fixed amount.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello again.

I'm creating a statistical interest request: so event 0032 is not the place to go.

I'm considering rather event 0010 since I don't believe that the system will call event 0020 (no clearing taking place when the interest request is being created).

Because this fixed additional amount is straight forward maybe the logic will be to add it directly to the amounts without calling the FM FKK_CREATE_DOC_ADDITIONAL?

My developer is not readily available to validate this.

I keep you posted once we start coding.

Thanks again.

Best,

Jean-Marie

0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Event 0020 is triggerred in both scenarios-where a document is posted in Contract Accounts Receivable, and where open items are cleared at the same time (either fully or in part).

So once the statisitical interest document is posted, event 0020 will be triggerred.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello Amlan.

I promised to post the outcome of my challenge.

I finally implemented the following:

1) Standard customizing of an interest premium, in the time dependent interest terms of my interest calculation rule.

2) In event 1320: store documents for which the system calculated the "standard interest"

3) In event 0010: retrieve the documents and create an extra line per document (from the memory of step 2) to add the fixed fee. Since my interest documents are statistical, adding to table FKKOP is sufficient.

And all works as I wanted.

Best regards,

Jean-Marie

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps you could try to use thee configuration for "Additional Receivables", and assign to the Main/Sub for Interest.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hello Ivor.

I'm not familiar with this setting. I don't see how this might allow me to add a fixed amount to the calculated interest. Can you elaborate please?

Best,

Jean-Marie