Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference field error

former_member666530
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a PDF based application form. I have added my structure to the context. This structure has huge number of fields. Am getting error on 718 currency fields that the reference field cannot be used here. I understand this is because the reference fields belong to a different structure which is not accessible to the form. But, not sure how to rectify this error.

How should the reference structures be added to the context? Also, in my case , i have hundreds of reference structures. Please let me know the proper way to add these.

Thanks,

Raji.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

I have faced the same issue, Kindly try this.

Create a reference field in the same structure and  assign it to the currency/quantity fields

Hope this help.

Regards,

Ram

ABAPMarty
Participant
0 Kudos

This really helped me. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You should deactivate the fields in the structure which are not used to improve the performance.

What is the error message?

Specifying a Currency or Quantity Reference - SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe - SAP Library

Regards

sandy

former_member666530
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for the response.

The error message am getting is :

"The reference field /PM0/ABCAPOLICY-CURRENCY_ID of field PWB_DATA-T_ASSOCPOL-T_POLICY-WA_POLICY-DOWNPAY_AM cannot be used here".

This is an example of a particular field and its reference. Likewise, I have the same error for 700 other fields.

The diagnosis of the error message is:

"According to the ABAP Dictionary definition, the reference field /PM0/ABCAPOLICY-CURRENCY_ID is assigned to the field PWB_DATA-T_ASSOCPOL-T_POLICY-WA_POLICY-DOWNPAY_AM. This reference field is in a different structure or table, which is not available at runtime".

In the link you have shared as well, they have mentioned that:

"If the value field is in a different table from the currency or quantity field, the system cannot recognize this reference automatically.

In the second case, you must indicate this reference to the system in the form, to ensure that the value field is formatted correctly."

Am not sure how to indicate the reference to the form. Please let me know if you have further inputs.

Thanks,

Raji.

former_member666530
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I have deactivated the structures which are not of use and also the remaining currency fields which I will not need in my form. Now, there are zero errors and am able to activate the form.

Thank you for your inputs.

Raji.