cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4.1 IDT Universes via JDBC connector or web service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BO gurus, I am currently looking for advises!  In fact, I work on a BO project where we have to build universes on a JDC database.  I initially built the universes by connecting to the database via the JDBC driver and then combined the different tables via joins in IDT.  Now, my client asks me if I could build my universes thanks to web services. I 'feel' like combining the tables in IDT is a better way of working than using web service however. But, since this is all new to me, I would like to ask your recommendations.  What's the best way of working: using the JDBC connection to combine the database tables in IDT or using the web services to feed my universes?  What are the advantages & disadvantages of each way of working (performance, maintenance...).  For me, using web services would add one additional layer & make it less transparent.  What do you think? Guidelines & 'how-to' are pretty scarce when it comes to create universes via we services -> your help would be invaluable! Thanks in advance! Sébastien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - I have moved this to the Semantic Layer space for faster response