cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inheriting FL class to equipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a FL where process characteristics and TAG number is stored . This will not be changing for long time. I have the physical equipment installed under the same FL . The equipment has its equipment specific characteristics. I want to add FL's class in the equipment so that along with the equipment class-chars , the user should also be able to see FL process class-characteristics.   But in standard SAP, you will not be able to inherit a FL class in equipment.

How can we achieve this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Tough requirement. ABAPer needs to work for sometime. But looks achievable.

Route

User-exit: ILOM0001.

Target

When the Functional Location is updated with Class related fields the inheritancy code written in the above exit should function.

Logic for the code

The code selects the Equipments under the Functional location into an internal table and with a loop updates these equipments with the Class and characteristic values of the F/Locn.

FMs to help the Code

1. BAPI_OBJCL_GETCLASSES for reading the Class-Char information of the F/Location

2. BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE for updating the Equipment Class Characteristics (Objectkey field is Equipment number and Objecttable is EQUI, other fields and tables are self-explanatory)

Here in using the 2nd FM some technical difficulty might arise for the Class information already available in the Equipment. For this Read this thread carefully where solution is also present:

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like , you will be "The champion" in Abap too ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

But I hope whenever equipment is transferred to another FL , it should not carry old FL's classes.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(Just joined)

Exactly !

This is a collateral trouble (which I did not foresee). Addressing of which starts with the user exit IEQM0003 (in place of ILOM0001). Similar logic applies as before. First it has to shed the class inherited from Old F/Locn and take the class details from new one. Same FMs will work here too.  Knowing these logics (if you do not know already) will be helpful for future requirements. But I do not know how much it's worth it to your present requirement.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

A comparatively  easier solution could be through Classification Hierarchy which I haven't yet explored. Possible that a mix of this and user-exits make it easier. For this first classes (F/L and Equip) are needed to be created in a planned way.

You may like to study this material.

CACL.PDF

CACLCHR.PDF

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao