Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDOC to XML via AS2 adapter

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All experts,

I need to configure the AS2 adapter for IDOC to XML scenario.But need more clarification on below items.

PI version 7.4 (single stack)

B2B addon , AS2 adapters are installed

• creating a PARTY in Integration Directory is needed for receiver (AS2 receiver) ??

I am going to configure the AS2 receiver channel to send XML file according to below guideline.

Configuring the AS2 Receiver Channel - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, business-to-business add-o...

I've been given some AS2 communication parameters like below (both receiver and sender details);

AS2 Identifier

AS2 DNS or IP Address  (https) / Port

AS2 Source IP Address

Message Format Type

Signing Algorithm

MDN Receipt Type

so is it compulsory to create a Party for AS2 receiver channel for a succcessfull communcation ? If yes then what I need to enter in Party Agency / Scheme / Name fields ?

• XML file name is dynamic.

Ex : OrderNumber + DateTime . xml

How do I set this value? and where ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

• creating a PARTY in Integration Directory is needed for receiver (AS2 receiver) ??

-->> Yes Creating party is required for AS2 communication. Party is configured with AS2 ID.

First entry in the party it will craete default with party name.

you need one more entry in which Schema is AS2ID and Name is AS2 identifier. Agency for Seeburger as2 is Seeburger for B2B addon you can mention as B2B.

check the below discussion for dynamic file name

regards,

Harish

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Harish,

Thank you for your reply..

I have created a Party for AS2 receiver channel and proceeded as per above.

Do I need to maintain this Party anywhere else in the configuration ? (Communication Channel Identifiers , Header Mapping in receiver Agreement )

When I generate an IDOC from SAP I'm getting an error  "MDN not signed", this is an expected error but  I do not see the message is converted to XML format according to recipient format which I have defined in Message Mapping .

I can see this in the message monitoring - message payload.(an XML is created but not what I have mapped in IR. It is just converting the IDOC structure as XML ).

Plz advise..

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create the service under the party and use the party and service in your configuration. e.g. for inbound scenario you sender agreement will be having the party and service as sender. similarly all the configuration object (or ICO in case of single stack) will have party and service.

refer the below blog

Please check your configuration, and check if the cache is updated.

regards,

Harish

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thank you for your quick reply..

As you have explained I have created a service and a party and used thought the configuration.

ICO -

receiver Tab - (above Communication Party and Communication component) - My Receiver Party

receiver interfaces tab - (above Communication Party and Communication component) - My Receiver Party

But if I just create a communication channel without a Party (AS2 receiver ) , I can see the XML output as expected though the message fail..

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your receiver system is party then your communication channel should also created with party. you can see the xml in channel, but when you try to connect to trading partner it will give the connection error.

so please create the configuration with party.

regards,

Harish

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

Thank you for you continuous attention to my issue..

Below is my full configuration details.

I have not entered the AS2 certificate details in my AS2 receiver communication channel and there is an firewall conflict. and I understand that  transactions should not be successful due to this.

But I just want to check the payload is correct and it is according to the recipient's requirement. So I generated an IDOC for testing and checked the payload in message monitoring.

Then I found that Payload is not according to the recipient's requirement which I have defined in message mapping and it is just the strucutre of the IDOC in XML.

But if I try this without creating Party in integration directory and do ICO configuration , the message failed due to above issues as expected but message payload is Correct...

any idea?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

I think there is some misunderstanding. It is not mandatory to have party for sender IDOC communication to SAP PI/PO, but it is necessary to have party object to communicate to B2B partner.

I would suggest to remove the party from the sender part but keep it for the receiver part.apart from that i did not found any issue with the configuration.

Can you please past the screenshot of error when the message failed? so we can provide more input for that.

regards,

Harish

Answers (0)