cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive Calculation in SAP Lumira

0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to add a forecast with SAP Predictive Analysis to my SAP Lumira document, but it says that there is some conditions that may be fulfilled in order to do this.

• First condition is fulfilled. My char is a line chart.
  • Second condition is fulfilled. I have a time hierarchy and I selected "month" in the X axis.
  • Third condition is fulfilled. There is nothing in "Legend Color".

Why can't I add a forecast in my SAP Lumira Document?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I am connected to SAP HANA on line. I don't want to connect to HANA off line because the table that I would download if connected off line has almost one hundred million of rows.

Is it not possible to create a time hierarchy in either a calculation view or analytic view that allows me to add a predictive field in SAP Lumira? I have one in an analytic view but it is not recognized by SAP Lumira in order to add a predictive field.

Best regards.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The screenshots & information you provide do confirm my initial hints.

You have a time hierarchy built in your SAP HANA view but it is not recognized as such in Lumira.

I had raised the attention of engineering on this some time back with no great success so far.

I think your best route to improve this is to raise a dedicated idea on Lumira's Idea Place, including detailing what you want & cannot achieve to do right now, then get people to vote on your idea.

https://ideas.sap.com/SAPLumira/boards

If you are licensed to our SAP Predictive Analytics offer, we can look out for alternate ways to do some time forecasting.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

0 Kudos

I have submitted an idea: https://ideas.sap.com/SAPLumira/D26830

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Voted 😉

Thanks & regards

Antoine

glen_spalding
Participant
0 Kudos

hi, have you had any luck with this

i too have a similar requirement, and i am amazed that lumira cannot do this

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it's gonna be difficult to guess through forum exchanges.  do you have a support contract so that an engineer can walk you through the functionality ?

0 Kudos

I open a document of SAP Lumira and click on "Settings" of the measure -> "Predictive Calculation" -> "Forecast with SAP Predictive Analytics" and I get that pop up. Is there any previous action that I have to do in order to add a new predictive field?

Best regards.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Notes - I can't recreate your issue; are you using Lumira 1.25.1 desktop? 

Maybe share more details on your time hierarchy?  See mine below:

0 Kudos

This is my hierarchy in SAP Lumira 1.25.1:

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your screen shot, it looks like you are using month but there's not enough data (my take) to make a prediction...

I have no issues creating a prediction based on month. 

0 Kudos

I get the same if I select days instead of months.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i'm not mistaken, your time structure.. hasn't been enriched/detected as a genuine "time hierarchy"  but instead has been defined by yourself as a Custom Hierarchy

our Lumira time hierarchies don't yet support Week, and are identifiable by a clock icon:

regards,

H

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Where is the hierarchy coming from? Is the data source an HANA view and you are connected to it ("online" mode) ?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

0 Kudos

Hello,

The origin of the hierarchy is an analytical view of SAP HANA. It is a custom hierarchy in SAP HANA. Should I make the hierarchy in SAP Lumira? The button of "Create Custom Hierarchy" of SAP Lumira is disabled in Day, Month and Year dimensions. How can I enable them?

Best regards.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Notes - from Antoine, is this HANA online or offline?

If online, please see this old thread answered by Henry - options are limited in online:

That would be my guess why "fecha" aka date is greyed out.

Tammy

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I suspect that what you need is a native Time object coming from the HANA semantic layer ?

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Screenshots and details on how the HANA view is built - especially the hierarchy - would help us understand the problem more in detail.

My guts feel is that the HANA hierarchy is not retrieved as a time one in Lumira and therefore nothing you can do in online mode.

If an option, you could try in offline mode, but it implies you move the data from HANA to the client - Lumira.

Best regards

Antoine

0 Kudos

This is the hierarchy: