cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are SAP SLT Limitations ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP HANA Experts,

Can anyone of you please tell us what are the SAP SLT Limitations ???

I mean what are the advantages & dis-advantages of using the SAP SLT Replication Tool.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find my comments on your query-

advantages

1. SLT has quick and easy installation and configuration

2. supports real-time data replication

3. Allows data transformation during replication in real time

4. Has triggers to capture all changes happening in the source system

5. allows cluster and pool tables replication as well.

disadvantages

1. transformations applied work solely on a table and cannot refer other sources unlike BODS where data checks/transformations &.synchronizing can be made with other sources.

hope this helps!

Regards,

Saritha K

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I do not totally agree with your disadvantage.

You can implement a lookup, but this mean the replication is not real-time. You cannot compare a batch oriented approach with a real-time replication.

Best,

Tobias

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I do agree with you as well.

When we take into consideration the replication options available, we do look across all techniques available like BODS/Sybase/SLT and then zero down on any one technique which meets our business requirement.

Regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saritha- I think Real time data Replication is the main drive for Customers to choose SLT..

Other factors does not value much to the customers..

Regards,

Joydeep.

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

I agree to your point of view as well!

Regards,

saritha K

lakshminarasimhan_n4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

Please do clarify my queries,

1. Is there is any limit on the number of tables  we can replicate from ECC to HANA via SLT?

2. Also we load to HANA via "Data Provisioning" ----> "Load", "Replicate", "suspend", "Resume" etc,

For ex: First time I load "VBAP" table into HANA system and then "replicate" to take only the "delta     records", so in that case when a new record gets inserted into VBAP in ECC will it automatically      comes to HANA "VBAP" table? Should anyone monitor the "replicated" jobs continuously?

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. There is no restriction on the number of tables that can be pulled from ECC to HANA.

2. Your explanation is incorrect above.

Please use Load when you want to have a one time load of table into HANA.

If you want to capture all existing as well as new records, please select Replicate option.

No need to monitor continuously the jobs as such. But in production scenarios, do have a periodic

monitoring in place.

Hope it clarifies your doubts.

Regards,

Saritha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gspravin
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha and All,

We want to migrate the SAP Data from SAP ERP ECC, which is Suite on HANA 2.0 DB. We want to just pick up a particular company Code and extract the data related to the particular company code. Can SLT help to do extraction in this scenario?

Regards

Pravin