cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODATA Model [Data Source As SOAP] - Define Response Mapping Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts, Good Day!

Created  the oData Model and selected the data source as SOAP, while Defining the response mapping, it is showing the following error message.

(Refer the Attached Screen Shot), Also sharing the wsdl file(Attached as .xml)

Sharing the Environment Details : SMP 3 SP07, SDK : SP 07.

Data Source : SOAP.

Kindly Suggest.

Regards,

Tirupati

Tags edited by: Jitendra Kansal (Moderator)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bjoernw
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tirupati,

in your WSDL file you are referring to an external schema:

<xsd:import namespace="http://project1/" schemaLocation="http://vmshofpet925:7101/hrwebservices/shaheen?xsd=1"/>

I think this might be causing issues.

Could you kindly also share the contents of this external xsd file here - otherwise it will be hard to validate your issue.

In the meantime, you could try to incorporate the contents of this external schema directly into your wsdl. And then you could try again - maybe it will solve your issue.

Kind regards

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bjoern, Good Day!

Will try to incorporate the external schema directly into the wsdl and inform you.

I have having a query here, As I mentioned earlier the shared wsdl is working perfectly working fine with SOAP client, it is directly picking the external schema. Does the Odata works with the wsdl having external schema only? or something we are missing while creating the SOAP service?

I am attaching a simple soap service wsdl & respective xsd, since we have tried lot on the earlier shared wsdl.

Thanks,

Regards,

Tirupati

sumit_lal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern,

AS per wsdl1.PNG image, it seems that WSDL definitions are spread across multiple files, unfortunately mapping editor doesnt support it.

How  can I try incorporating the contents of external schema directly into main wsdl.

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sumit_lal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tirupati,

AS per wsdl1.PNG image, it seems that WSDL definitions are spread across multiple files, unfortunately mapping editor doesnt support it.

How  can I try incorporating the contents of external schema directly into main wsdl. I am attaching wsdl file in image format.How I can resolved it.

Regards,

Sumit

0 Kudos

Hi Tirupati,

Yes, if the WSDL definitions are spread across multiple files are not supported by mapping editor.

Kindly find details in the constraint note below...

Pls try as Bjoern suggested, to merge the schema into WSDL.

SNIP from Constraint note for SMP:

A WSDL with its definition spread across multiple files:- It is possible to have the definition of a Web service spread across multiple files.

Currently, the Mapping editor expects the completed definition of WSDL to be in a single file. If not, it will fail to resolve the types and will not detect the structures available in other files and included via the ‘import’ or 'include' construct.

Link to constraint note:

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2014/10/16/constraints-for-sap-...

0 Kudos

Hi Tirupati,

Did you try the proposal? Did it work?

Regards,

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Om,

Its working fine, by including the external schema.

Thanks.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion successfully moved from SAP for Mobile to SMP Developer Center as the more appropriate venue for this question.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG