cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2008 R2 Query error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SQL DB Experts,
Need your help on changing the DB accepting query in case insensitive.

DB: SQL Server 2008 R2

Installed DB Collation: SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2
and Installed SAP Business Objects Data Services

Error:
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'DESCRIPTION'.>. The SQL submitted is <SELECT "PROD_NAME", "PROD_RELEASE", "EXTRELEASE", "DESCRIPTION"  FROM "dbo"."DQ_SAP_PRODUCT_VERSION" >.
(14.2) 05-20-15 21:25:20 (E) (19500:13836) DBS-070404: |Session Job_Realtime_DQ_SAP_Product_Version|Data flow DF_Realtime_DQ_SAP_Product_Version|Reader DQ_SAP_PRODUCT_VERSION  SQL submitted to ODBC data source <> resulted in error

When I reun the same query from Studio

Query which got error:
SELECT "PROD_NAME", "PROD_RELEASE",  "EXTRELEASE", "DESCRIPTION"  FROM "dbo"."DQ_SAP_PRODUCT_VERSION"
Error:
Msg 207, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid column name 'PROD_NAME'.
Invalid column name 'PROD_RELEASE'.
Invalid column name 'EXTRELEASE'.
Invalid column name 'DESCRIPTION'.

Same Query columns as like Database Table successful.
SELECT "Prod_Name", "Prod_Release", "ExtRelease", "Description" FROM "dbo"."DQ_SAP_PRODUCT_VERSION"

=>Got result,.

Could you help me how to change Database table to accept the Query in either of the case ( remove Case sensitive)

Thank you,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

clas_hortien
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

what you want to do is not possible, you can't change the collation once it is installed.

Maybe the note   505906 - SQL Server: Incorrect collation can help you, but I do not know what kind of collation the SAP Business Objects Data Services expects. Open a OSS message for the Data Services and ask for help.

Best regards

Clas Hortien