cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

production staging wm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have planned to have one production supply area for every production line. I have 3 production line

So I have 3 production supply area

Production supply area                      Storage location of production supply area

LTK01                                                0001

LTK02                                                0002

LTK03                                                0003

Now issue is all the 3 production lines are using component XYZ which is being purchased for Storage Location 0001

In this case how can I use this component for production  order of production supply area LTK02 & LTK03.  should I need to purchase separately for storage location 0002 & 0003. I am planning to use release order part indicator in control cycle for staging

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kiran

For three supply area has to be assigned with three work centre & for control cycle you just create three control cycle with reference to three supply area & staging indicator should be 3 -release order & just maintain interim storage type & one fix bin for all 3 control cycle .

Create the routing with reference to 3 work centre , when you create production order  just maintain 3 line item with 3 operation & in every line item maintain different storage location as per requirement & after release , But you have to stage 3 time in LP12 for each supply area wise , TR will be created after TO & TO confirmation material will be staged at interim area .

But all three your storage location should be assigned with your warehouse number,

And what Manish said : do you have any restriction that when ever you are receiving the material to wards storage location , those are keeping in any specific location if yes or no depends on your business ,

But better you move the receiving stock storage location to another storage location after receipt

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you have any business restriction not to use the stock which are being purchased for one storage location to another storage location (as you mentioned that  "component xyz which is being purchased for storage location 0001")

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I don't have any restriction but in control cycle we mention it as per

material XYZ

plant     0301

Supply area  LTK01

supply area linked to plant 0301 & storage location 0001

then how can I create control cycle for supply area LTK02 which is linked ot sloc 0002

can I achieve this with creating control cycle  with  supply area LTK02 & mentioning production storage location in bom as storage location 0001.

I was having a plan that 1 production supply area per production line. In this case I need to execute LP12 two times ?