cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Error: microsoft odbc sql server driver restricted data type attribute violation IES 10901 WIS 10901

0 Kudos

I added a table in the existing universe, this table is not attached to any other table, because i am just going to use this table's field for the report requirement. when i published this universe and pulled the table field, i get following error

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

I was checking on how to restore a broken connection with DB so on purpose killed the process that PowerBuilder was using. PB app which was working fine then gave me the same error.

If connection is lost and i use Disconnect Using SQLCA; and again use Connect USING SQLCA; and then run a report from PB i get same error again.

To check this you can run your app that should connect to DB on login time. Kill the process from DB side. Then open a report and in the open event of the report window you have

Disconnect Using SQLCA; /// (you have already broken link)

Connect Using SQLCA; /// (reconnect to DB in open event)

When you click on retrieve button (retrieve function run) you will see the same error.

It has nothing to do with restricted type or something.

I use ODBC 17 where i have set the retry count to 5 after every 10 seconds. but still getting same error.

because of that error i cannot reconnect to DB after disconnect statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uncheck below marked option then I think you will be al set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your field data type in the Universe Design Tool.  I got this error when I defined the Select statement in the object properties to give me only the year portion of a date.  The data type in the sql database is datetime, but when I extracted the year from the field in my BI Launch Pad query, I got the error.  At the time of the error, the data type in the Universe Design Tool was Date.  When I changed the data type to Character in the Universe Design Tool, it worked (since year alone isn't really a date). 

To do this (in the Universe Design Tool), double-click the problem field (object) to open Properties. Under the Definition tab, on the top right, is a drop-down for Type.  Change this to a type that matches what you are getting from your Select statement (Character, Number, whatever).

If you don't know what field is causing you problems, back in your BI Launch Pad (report creator), Create a report with only one of your needed fields, run the query, if you don't get the error, continue to add only one field at a time until you get the error and you know what field(s) caused it.  Then go back to the Universe Design Tool to correct the data type.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neihl,

After this table in the universe:

- Do you get any error while doing "integrity check" in the universe?

- Do you get any error while testing the connection in the universe?

- Seems like this table is not joined with another tables. Still have you created any objects based on this table? if yes can you share the object definition?

- Does this error come with objects related to the newly added table or for all tables?

- If newly added table then does it come with all objects based on this class or with a specific object?

- Are you able to view the SQL? If yes, do you get this error when you execute this query directly against the database bypassing BusinessObjects?

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neihl,

The issue seems to be specific to the table you are adding.

Check the data types of the columns of the table in question and data in those columns.

Thanks,

Imran

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This looks like an issue with the ODBC driver. Please check the version of the ODBC driver on your machine and the server is the same.