cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM to report on changes and req for chgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

i've created a BPM using type CRM Service Documents to try to retrieve changes and request for changes, however it returns no data.  i left the transaction type empty (no restrictions). when it runs it only returns incidents.  (transaction types ZMIN and ZMI1).  why does it not return data for all the different transaction types?  it appears to be limited to just retrieving incidents.

has anyone been able to create a monitor against changes and requests for changes?

thanks for any input!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

two things

1) If you currently measure incidents, then I assume that you filtered on transaction category BUS2000223 and CharM documents are of category BUS2000116. So you will have to run to separate queries to cover both.

2) You should rather setup the key figures in Business Process Analytics than in BPMon. Then you can break-down the data per trnasaction type and sales organization.

Kind Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi volker,

thanks very much for addressing my issue.  definitely appreciate the input!  actually i'm not specifying a transaction category.  i'm leaving the monitor 'open-ended'...  attaching a screenshot of the setup.  since i only get incidents returned after it runs, i'm assuming that requests for change and change documents are either not considered "Service Documents" or there is some other issue.

thanks much again!

mark

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

your screenshot shows that you are filtering on Bus Trans Cat 'Service Request' which is technically BUS2000223 and hence collects incidents. In order to collect change requests you have to setup a second data collector filtering Bus Trans Cat on 'Service Process' which is technically BUS2000116.

As I cannot see you Monitoring Schedule you have to pay attention that "Data from previous day" is currently not flagged in your setup so the data collector will only pick up documents that were created between midnight and the time of your data collection. It is generally recommended to run the data collector shortly after midnight with the "Data from previous day" flag as you have then the information of the complete 24 hours.

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi volker,

sorry for the late reply.  appreciate your help!  i'm starting to think i'll need a custom monitor to accomplish the reporting against req for chgs and chg docs.  i'm attaching a screenshot which shows that Bus Trans Cat is mandatory, and is a dropdown which does not contain a choice for 'Service Process'.  so i'm not sure how i'd accomplish that without some customization...

also, yes, we are not checking 'data from prev day' and it is running at midnight each night. 

as you can probably tell, i'm pretty new at this so hopefully i didn't misinterpret anything you advised me to do!

thanks again,

mark

Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

H Mark,

'service order/service quotation' should do.

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

fantastic!  i'll give that a shot and let you know how it turns out.

i tried to find documentation what types of information fall under "Service Requests", "Service Confirmation" and couldn't find any.  had no idea that an incident would fall under "Service Requests" but a request for change would be under "Service Order".

thanks again. 

and have a great weekend,

mark

0 Kudos

Before SolMan 7.1 they were both 'Service Orders'. With SolMan 7.1 and CRM 7.0 the incidents were changed to 'Service Requests'. I don't know if ChaRM documents will also be moved to 'Service Requests' at some point in time.

Have a nice weekend

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much, volker! just checked the results in business analytics and the data shows up perfectly!

Answers (0)