Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Import Date via iDoc Message

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are creating Import Customs Declarations Prior to Receipt. We receive from our Broker an EDI feed and generate messages  with types /SAPSLL/CUS_CTAX and /SAPSLL/CUS_INBOUND. However, in each, segments are created to update the import date QALDAT = 015. But when we look at the Import Customs Declaration, the Import date is still blank.

Is there a different message type that I should be using?

Regards, Dean.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

I don't think it matters which one you use.  From what I can see, the updates (assuming we're talking about the US messages) depend on the "Message Type" value in segment /SAPSLL/E2CCEHD_CNTRL-CUMES, as follows:

• Message Type 'BN' takes the value in QALDAT = '019' and updates field FDATS at the item level.
  • Message Type 'ER' takes segment field /E2CCEHD-RECDAT and updates /SAPSLL/CUIDDAT-RECTS (item level).
  • Message Type 'RR' takes segment field /SAPSLL/E2CCEHD-DSPDAT and updates /SAPSLL/CUHDDAT-DSPTS (header level).

The only Message Types that appear to update from QALDAT = '015' are:

• Message Type 'DKRES' - updates the Import Date at header level.
  • Message Type 'EXPREL' - updates the Re-Import Date for Outward Procesing at item level.

The 'DKRES' would be your best bet - why not give it a try?

Regards,

Dave

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

DKRES is for Denmark, right?  Is there a US equivalent?

Regards, Dean,

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Yeah.  So what's wrong with Denmark?!

No, currently no other inbound messages are designed to change the Import Date field in the Customs Declaration.  In Denmark, there's a particular situation where the agent may make a change.  The resulting automatic confirmation message needs to update the trader's records (in GTS).

In your interface, you could make use of that code by substituting the CUMES value.  I'm sure the Danes won't mind.

Regards,

Dave*

* not David - only my Mother calls me that**

** actually also my wife, when she's angry with me.

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Sorry, I have been working with some colleagues from Europe and formality was on my mind when I replied.

Anyway,  I thought the messages would only work with the Procedure they were assigned to, like CUS_US. So, I will give it a try.

Thank you, Dean.

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Well, I did a test and the log says it was updated...

Reference number: 85001592015

Registration number: 10404080/180515/0000063

Time of receipt: 05/19/2015 14:03:00

Time of release: 05/18/2015 14:03:00

Time of import: 05/18/2015 14:03:00

Inbound processing successfully completed. Document from DKRES changed.

However, when I look in the Customs Declaration the Import Date is still blank. Could it be you cannot update a previously updated document?

Regards, Dean.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

No, that can't be the problem.  I'm afraid you'll have to get a developer to debug the code.  Use Transaction WE19 to replicate the iDoc, and run in foreground debug mode using Function Module /SAPSLL/IDOC_INPUT_CCECUS.

The relevant code is in Function Module /SAPSLL/CUHD_PPF_CUS_SHIP_UPD, called inside FM /SAPSLL/CUHD_PPF_INBOUND_UPD, which is called inside /SAPSLL/IDOC_INPUT_CCECUS.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Dave

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But also, I got the same message when I had set it up the old way...

Reference number: 85001592015

Registration number: 10404080/180515/0000063

Time of receipt: 18.05.2015 17:52:00

Time of release: 18.05.2015 17:52:00

Time of import: 18.05.2015 17:52:00

Inbound processing successfully completed. Document from YRU_CUSRSP_BI changed.

Log for EDI inbound; message type /SAPSLL/CUS_CTAX, IDoc type /SAPSLL/CUS_CTAX02

Or I am still missing a critical piece of configuration?

Regards, Dean.

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK... Will do Dave..

Thank you for your assistance.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

In the inbound message definition, make sure that the "Document Update" check-box is ticked (IMGPath: Customs Management > Communication Processes > Define Messages for Communication Processes).  Otherwise, nothing gets changed.

Regards and good luck,

Dave