cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Mobile Transaciton to Create TO

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I need your advise on following thoughts. we are looking a RF Mobile transaction to create Transfer Order. Please share your thoughts

Basic Need: we need to input SU and actual quantity \ weight the of TO creation via  RF mobile transaction.

Why we need to input existing empty\available SU #

Business process owner wanted to use One Pallet bar-code for entire lifetime , because they do not want to print & past pallet label every time on new pallet number creation at the time of TO creation. By doing so, we can only see from System \ RF mobile what is on the pallet. this is okay

I have tested this functionality via LT04 (input existing empty SU number). it is working fine. we need same functionality in RF mobile transaction.

Please advise the best way to achieve it.

Thanks

Adnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction LT04 is to create a Transfer order against TR, (and on the GUI you can enter the SU number provided you know the SU number and it fits within the valid number range defined in the system)

Basic Need : we need to input su and actual quantity \ weight the of TO creation via RF mobile transaction

Based on your requirement  I can suggest to go with custom screen / transaction where on the first screen you need to enter the SU number (if it is first time then you need to write the logic to validate the number range also if there is any other material exist on the same SU number if yes then is Mixing allowed) material and weight and quantity once you will accept this value then internally you should call L_TO_CREATE_SINGLE and pass the value to create the TO, also you need to go with small customization as mentioned below

0 Kudos

Hello Manish

thank you for your reply.

we wanted to use this required \ custom transaction for Put away for Goods receipts , MIGO - 101, then a TR is created. where Tracking \ Required number = PO number, Material Document is also there in that TR or Quant. ( i think for tracking purpose)

Qustion : as per your recommendation , TO should be  created  without reference to TR.  So if we follow your recommendations, we should stop TR creation for MM-IM, I01.  ( Un-check the TO creation in WM-IM Interface)

at the time of MM-IM 101 posting system will store this material in type 902 and bin dynamic bin(PO) number.  an then we will proceed it with our RF customer Transaction via using L_TO_CREATE_SINGLE ?

Please comment on my understanding.

Previously i was thinking to create TO with reference to a TR via custom RF Mobile Transaction.  but your recommendations  has a worth , and i am started thinking over it.

thanks

Adnan

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at your thread it seem you update IM first before WM and the process flow is (PO---MIGO---Material document ---TO against Material Document(TR) --Confirm the TO)

Option1 . L_TO_CREATE_SINGLE as in this case you can enter the SU number, material and quantity also coding perspective it is very small development , you need to just take care of few validation e.g. validating the stock from 902, SU number range

Option 2 . with fm: L_TO_CREATE_TR(LT04) it is not possible to pass the SU number in the import parameter hence you need to go with medium development to make it workable

Looking at the development effort and other parameter my recommendation is to go with option1

0 Kudos

Hello Manish

thanks for your reply.

i am thinking as following. please give your final thoughts, so that we can close it

Option1 . L_TO_CREATE_SINGLE

Scanning will be required: Pallet number, Material, Batch, Source storage type 902, Source Bin , Quantity, and destination pallet

** as you know , at that time, there is nothing on pallet, Like if we see what is on the pallet in LS33: display pallet. System will show nothing.

** some time we will do the same with some material received from Production mean 901 –  Process order number bin. 

Option 2 . with fm: L_TO_CREATE_TR(LT04)

Scanning will be required, Tracking number(PO) to find a TR, Pallet number, quantity adjustment if required. That’s all.

*** Material , batch, destination bin, source storage type , source storage bin will be determined automatically by the system.

** as you mentioned, we may require some extra development to pass the SU number, but this is one time and possible..  But scanning is everyday activity.

thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Adnan

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you observation is correct regard the one time development still, My recommendation is to go with fm L_TO_CREATE_SINGLE, as if I can visualize correctly then on the first RF screen should be something similar to below screen and the same time if you will compare the import parameter of above fm then all the detail can be entered easily (eg. SU number, Material , pallet) based on SRC TYPE(Source storage type), Doc no(Purchase order / production order) system should check the stock in LQUA and then initiate the bin to bin for destination as per the stragetegy

fm : L_TO_CREATE_SINGLE , import parameter, con of this approach is that your TR is always open and you need to set the status manually or else at the time of MIGO you can put a check on no TR

If you will look for import parameter for L_TO_CREATE_TR then you don't have provision to enter the SU number so you need to pass these value to the TO creation program at the time of execution and perform all the validation related to that.  Also since you are picking the partial quantity from the TR(TR can be for 100 pc, but on SU you are storing only 20 pc) those validation check is also required

Answers (0)