cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0: how to paste text to the description field of IW21?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas 2.0 experts,

I have an issue:

Run tcode "IW21", fill the field Type by "ZT" and execute it.

Now I have composed a text string and want to paste it into the field of Description (in the middle of the screen). The control id is:

../tblSAPLIQS0TEXT  (This is the out frame), and ../tblSAPLIQS0TEXT/colTABLECOLUMN[0].

I tried "Paste value", "Enter value", "Add selection" etc but none worked.

Does anyone know how to add text string into this control by script?

Thanks a lot!

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to share my knowledge:

I found the solution:

Normally, when paste a value into a text field, you simply copy the id from editing panel. I don't know if this is a Personas 2.0 bug: but when you do the same for the "Long text" field, the id you got cannot be used for pasting text, BUT, if you add /cell[3] after the id copied, then it can be used.This is a much simpler solution than calling the "Text" icon screen. 🙂

Set this to corrected.

Dong

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could this be caused by your control id overwrite entries not being correct? That would be my first guess. See OSS note 1999147 for the up to date list.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reply.

This is very complex issue - there is a "Text" icon on top by which you can enter another screen with editing features and it has "insert" and "line" modes for entering text. Then if you go back from that screen, the text entered there will be displayed in the field I want - I am currently making a btn to perform multiple line entries in that way, but it is very complex as I have 6 lines to enter, and script does not work always as you want.

By the way, could you comment on this case:

On screen 1, I have a btn. If I press it, it will take some parameters and go to another screen where I need to fill some fields with the passed parameters. There are two ways to do:

1. On screen 1, I make a btn which first put all parameters into args. values, then goes to screen 2, and do filling, then come back to screen1. This works in most time.

Or

2. On screen 1, I have a btn, which will goe to screen 2, then press another btn on screen 2 which will do filling and come back to screen 1.

But often the second method does not get the passed parameters when doing filling. Do you have similar experiences? What would be better way to do?

Thanks.

Dong

Taha_j
Participant
0 Kudos

I had a similar scenario ( I think).

I replaced the description field on the screen and added a button for adding long text description. Persona  2.0 doesn't allow you multiple line texts.

So I made a z program in abap which gets called from the button. In the program I've added  a subscreen with text editor and the user can freely enter as many lines as he/she wants (including pressing enter ) and click the back button.

However for doing this you will have to copy paste the values from your initial screen and paste them again. but this method definitely works and I can vouch for it.

Good luck.