cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP resets connection?

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we have a very urgent issue with our SMP 3.0 SP7 Server.

We use this server from several locations and usually everything works fine. But there is one location where we only get the Communications Error (14) within our Agentry Client when we try to connect to the Server.

According to our network guys, this is no network issue (we have checked the Firewalls etc.)

We looked at some logs and it seems that the connections are coming through to the server and are not handled correctly by the SMP. Here are some examples:

First, I have successfully connected to an Agentry application on this Server using my web browser (receiving the "I am here" message).

Then I tried the same from the mentioned Location; this was not successful and ended with a reset.

Finally, we tried an Agentry Client from this Location

Any ideas how this could happen or how to proceed?

Many Thanks!

Best regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

this issue has been solved now by SAP note 2199330. In short, Windows Mobile 5 does not support the SSL ciphers used by SMP 3.0 SP7.

Kind regards

Christian

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What type of device are you using from the location where it is not working?

A Communications Error 14 normally indicates a network connection issue or that the server is not running.

A couple of other things to look into

1. Are you sure the DNS name is correctly resolving to the right IP address from the non-working location?
  2. Are you trying to use Win CE or WPF clients from that location?  If so you may need to adjust the SSL settings on the server.  See the following link for more details.

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2015/05/07/smp-30-sp07-wpf-client-communication-error-14

--Bill

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

thanks for your message!

We have already looked at the TLS version, but it´s still not working. But your message helped us to solve another issue after installing a fresh SP7

Is there maybe anything special to consider when creating a certificate file for an older Windows Mobile version (5)?

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agentry dropped support for anything before windows mobile 5 around the start of Agentry 6.0.  It currently only supports Windows Mobile 5,6,6.5.

Stephen

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

but we have a Windows Mobile 5 here. It just does not connect to the SMP, although we receice a "Here I am" in a (up to date) browser from the same location.

Maybe something with the certificates? Or any other idea?

Regards

Christian

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you get the "I am here!" message from the browser on the Windows Mobile device?

--Bill