cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused between System copy or Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been asked to install a SAP landscape with three Systems DEV, QUA, and PRD( Environment - WIndows with Mssql). All with different client numbers, i have two options either i do Fresh installation for all the three systems and then do post installation tasks, or i do a system copy of my DEV system and then build the QUA, and PRD system followed by SCCL in both the systems respectively( to change the client number). Need to know which is a better practice? and why should i perform that?, which process is time efficient and will consume less amount of time. Please let me know.

If this has already been discussed, please provide me the link,i am not able to get that.

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The cleanest way is to Install  DEV , QAS , PRD fresh  .

The  fastest way depends on what system you are installing  . [ Buisiness suites requires much more time compared to others ] .  System copy methods  can also be used ie  after DEV , export and import in PRD and QAS , but this involves new client creation , plus BDLS etc .

The best method and recommended method will be to install each system fresh .

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya

In your case you can perform the new installation of all three systems in a SAP landscape.

For any changes you can create the transport request to import in Qas and Prd systems.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SS