Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Summarized JIT Call

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir :

I am doing homework on the topic Replenishment Strategies for Kanban With MRP using Summarized JIT Call.

Can anyone explain me the attached figure.

Thanks in Advance,

Dinesh Kumar V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

KANBAN replenishment with Summerized JIT call is a big topic that needs setting up configuration, master data & flow of information thru EDI.

In brief, the attached figure describes the flow of information taking place from Manufacturing to Suppliers. The information here is the requirement (example Forecast Delivery Schedule or JIT calls).

The first section shows FRC (Forecast Delivery schedule) that is sent from Production Plant to suppliers (vendor, sub-vendor etc) through MRP run. The production plant creates PIR for materials in advance and runs MRP. Ther PIRs are generally created for longer period of time (lets say 12 months). MRP generates forecast delivery Schedule in scheduling agreement that are sent to Suppliers as FRC (forecast).

At the time of exact requirement, for material staging, systems generates JIT call via KANBAN or "Pull List" against forecast schedules. The supplier creates a delivery based on the incoming summarized JIT call and goods are suppied to production plant based on those deliveries.

All this message transmission take place though EDI (Electronic Data Interexchange) that are managed by Message Output settings in SAP.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Rohit

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir :

Answer is very much useful to me.

I preparing on KANBAN & VARIANT CONFIGURATION SAP PP.

i am using SCM 350 & 145 for that.

As you specified JIT call is a very big topic but can't find much information in those materials.

if anyone can pls share helpful materials to my mail id dineshudl@gmail.com

Awaiting

Thanks in Advance,

Dinesh Kumar V.

Answers (0)