Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web IDE Usage - Customer UI Implementations

Vigneswaran
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi UI experts,

I understand, SAP Web IDE is the recommended dev environment for Fiori like UI5 apps vis-à-vis Eclipse environment. I also understand, free trial accounts on HCP for developers will not be recommended to build customer UI projects. So does this mean, customers need to buy / subscribe for HCP (for additional cost - Starter / Extensions / Standard ) to use Web IDE and build UI apps?

Please advise on the recommended approach for customers to build UI5 applications.

Thanks and Regards,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OliverGraeff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

kindly see SAP Web IDE | Cross Industry | Industries | SAP Store -> SAP Web IDE FAQs -> How will licensing work with SAP Web IDE?

For trial usage you are fine with the trial accounts, also for customers. For productive use, i.e. building app which will be used productively, see the licensed packages as described.

Hope this help to clarify.

Cheers,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

If we as SAP are doing consulting or custom development, we should not need to buy the Web IDE, right?

Regards,

Jemin

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

we are planning to use Web IDE. We currently do not own HCP nor Hana, so I think we fall in category 3 in the mentioned FAQs Licensing chapter.

For non-SAP HANA/HCP customers: SAP offers the “SAP HANA AppServices, Web IDE Edition” package for productive purposes with no SAP HANA/HCP prerequisites. For more information, see https://www.sapstore.com/solutions/60009/Web-IDE.

Could you shed some light on the restrictions mentioned on SAP store page https://www.sapstore.com/solutions/60009/Web-IDE

• The price accounts for 5 named users per month

Are those developer users or end users that are consuming the apps built with Web IDE?

• The site mentions 5 GB of storage and 5 GB of bandwidth as technical information on the detail paragraph.

I understand that Web IDE is a cloud based service (except for local installation version which is not supported for production use, as I suppose). However, how would that storage and bandwidth be accounted? When I have configured like 20 apps with Web IDE, those 20 Apps consume some storage, granted. And to use Web IDE I as a developer will consume some bandwidth, also granted. However, I don't think that we will come near 5 GB of monthly bandwidth use with that. Keep in mind that we are running our Fiori / Fiori-like apps on premise. Could you clarify?

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens

OliverGraeff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

The 5 users are developers. In the context of SAP Web IDE we are talking about the design time / development phase of a project. Once you have your final app, you move it into its runtime environment (e.g. ABAP) for end users which is a different story.

Also storage / bandwidth applies for SAP HANA Cloud Platform, i.e. your development environment holding your app coding and possibly with that your mock data. When productively running your apps on premise (ABAP) with end users, the situation is a classical one, like when you had developed in SE80 and then use the app.

Regarding the packages please see the latest info I posted yesterday in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55465 -> SAP Web IDE Packaging and Licensing. You'll see that now there are more packages which all include SAP Web IDE giving you more flexibility.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Oliver

OliverGraeff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jemin,

right, SAP has respective internal landscapes.

Cheers,

Oliver

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

thanks for the valuable information, this helps indeed.

I'd have one last question, if you don't mind me kinda hijacking this thread

To connect to our on-premise FES (NW Gateway Hub) we would need SAP HANA Cloud Connector, right? Would the said license package in the SAP store https://www.sapstore.com/solutions/60009/Web-IDE include the entitlement for the Cloud Connector or would this be a matter of licensing some HCP package you mentioned.

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens

OliverGraeff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Right. SAP HANA Cloud Connector  is included in all these packages including the 'special' SAP Web IDE package. FYI:

Cheers,

Oliver

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great information, thanks a ton!

Have a nice day and sorry again for hijacking everybody

Cheers

Jens

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcosandrade
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

as a feedback, after using the SAP WEB IDE for a while I think it is worth buying the standalone license it is just £39,00 monthly covers 5 named user license, given the benefits you get that you will always be working with the latest up-to-date libraries and controls and you can set up HANA Cloud connector to access the on-premise system and therefore you can build your apps anywhere you want.

Cheers,

Marcos

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please comment?

Thanks,

Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are we allowed to use our trail accounts for customers not having HCP?

Also Local WebIDE version would not be up to date with HCP so using Local WEB IDE is also not the right way?

OliverGraeff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jemin,

there also is a 'small' package with just SAP Web IDE ( SAP Web IDE | Cross Industry | Industries | SAP Store), please see the referred information about licensing.

The local version is trial only, not for productive usage. Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers,

Oliver