cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating multi-source in IDT

0 Kudos

I am new to SAP and I am in process of installing SAP BO 4.1.

I am working on Information Design Tool and trying to understand how it works. For Single source it works seamlessly. While selecting multi-source and trying to connect to MySQL database in two different servers it throws error.

The connections are all getting established properly (.cnx and .cns). But when I create the data foundation using multi-source and select the two different relational database connections (.cns files), the data foundation is also created, but when I try to expand it, instead of showing the databases/tables in the servers it throws com.mysql.jdbc.Driver error. (Please find attachment)

Inside this folder 'C:\.....\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\' I have changed the class path to the .jar file in both datafederator.sbo and MySQL.sbo (.jar file in the location C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Connector J\MySQL-connector-java-5.1.32-bin.jar)

From few thread I realised that data federation services has something to do with this multi-source connection and that's the reason I have made classpath changes to datafederator.sbo as well.

I also tried opening the DFAT tool to see if the connectors are connecting properly, it again throws error (Please find attachment)...

Please suggest on how to resolve this. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I believe you should get the same error while testing the cns in single source also when you set the option as Server middleware under Window-> Preferences->Information Design Tool->Secured connections-> choose "Server Middleware" (restart IDT after choosing this option).

Because when you choose server middleware and test cns in single source or in multisource (mulitsource always takes server middleware though the option local middleware is selected), server machine's driver or server machine's files comes into picture.

So please do the same steps or configure the jar file path  in both datafederator.sbo and MySQL.sbo on server machine as well.

Moreover whenever you test cns from inside multisource dfx or expnad cns APS Data Federation Service comes into picture i.e. why it should be up and running. Adaptive Connectivity Service is also required if we test the cns based on JDBC connections.

Please let me know the results after doing the suggested changes.

Regards,

Saral Jain

0 Kudos

Thanks... It works... I downloaded the jdbc driver online and set the classpath pointing to the downloaded .jar file in the following file (datafederator.sbo and MySQL.sbo) and it works perfectly now.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pushkar_dhale
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Take out the Data Federation service from the default APS server and host Data Federation service independently in a newly created APS server to test the issue.

Ref:  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3437239

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Pushkar Dhale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use both .cnx connection.

Thanks,

Haseeb

0 Kudos

While creating a multi-source connection, we only get the option to choose .cns

I also have used two .cns connections which you can see from the attachment from my initial thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can only see that you have only used .cns conncection(shortcuts). Try to make this universe on orignal connection instead of shortcut. Also check wether connections are working in repository instead of your local projects. it seems like driver issue.

Thanks,

Haseeb