cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic Value fetching ???

shubham_gupta9
Participant
0 Kudos

We hjave a requirement toi fetch characteristics Data while creating batch with reference to one characterstic to another values, for example if I am creating batch for certain Truck, in characteristic value for truck number i entered all characteristic value first time.

I wanted if the batch is created again for same truck and if I enter truck number same as entered in Past, the other characteristic value should came automatically??

Is it possible in SAP???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I wanted if the batch is created again for same truck and if I enter truck number same as entered in Past, the other characteristic value should came automatically??

If Batch is created into the system & where you are entering the Truck Number??......this requirement is not clear....please specify again.

One more suggestion the Characteristics data against the Batch you can check in Table - CAWN.

Regards,

Rahul Patil

shubham_gupta9
Participant
0 Kudos

Suppose we have a material no. in which we have entered a characteristics as truck no. , Engine Chassis No., Model, Company of Truck etc., when we create a batch, and enter the characteristic Value, assume i enter truck No. : - 1234 and engine chassis no. as 1111,

My requirement is that whenever I create batch again, and if I enter the truck no : - 1234 same as above, system should fetch other characteristic values like Engine Chassis No. entered earlier i.e 1111 is it Possible??

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shubham Gupta,

Is the combination of Truck and Chassis no. is predefined before creating the batch?

If Yes

Create the combination in variant table and write a dependency for char. Chassis to get the values.

If No.

Using variant functions bring the value from the char. tables and assign the value to char Chassis.

Regards

Ravikumar B

shubham_gupta9
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you tell some other way because I doubt it may be complex for end users ??

Regards

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is the combination of Truck and Chassis no. is predefined before creating the batch?

shubham_gupta9
Participant
0 Kudos

No. while creating batch we have to enter the Truck No. ..

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Using variant functions bring the value from the char. tables and assign the value to char Chassis.

writing variant function / dependency is one time activity.

End user only have to enter the details in req. chars.

Check the SAP standard LOBM characteristics for your reference.

Ex. LOBM_VFDAT char.

shubham_gupta9
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you explain this with more details,

Sorry but couldn't understand this solution??