cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addon queue is not calculated in SUM

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are upgrading our solution manager to SP13(from SP10) using the SUM tool. The XML was calculated using the Maintenance Optimizer. And we are stuck in the Configuration phase where the add-on queue is calculated.

The SUM tool points to the log file "SPDA_ADDONQCALC.LOG" (Attached) and we are not possible to move to the next phase.

Upon analyzing the log, we found the issue to be "Required Add-On component "BI_CONT" rel."705" is not installed". We checked in the system and found that BI_CONT is installed and the existing component version is 706 SP 2.

Kindly let us know why the XML points to the release 705 while the existing is 706?

We tried to upgrade the same using the SAINT and ended up with conflict in addon ST BCO 710 & BI_CONT. And as per the  hown resolution in the SAINT, we placed the CRT: SAPK-71008INSTBCO (screen shot attached) file in the \\sapmnt\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in folder and re-executed which also ended up in the same error.

Please share your suggestions on resolving the same.

Thanks in advance,

Vivek.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek ,

Did you already check the following Note ?

1961492 - SAINT : Conflict between ST-BCO 710 and BI_CONT 707 during BI_CONT 707 upgrade

Is the correct version of  BI_CONT getting reflected and marked relevant in LMDB ?

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vivek.

Echoing Manu, Do verify your LMDB or SMSY-->Software components whether right version are reflected. If yes then you may need to regenerate the Mopz xml again.

This usually happenes when the System componenets and SLD/LMDB are not in Sync.

So you can push the data from system using RZ70 and update the SLD in turn LMDB to get updated latest data of the system.

Let us know if this helps you.

regards,

ram

0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I checked the SAP Note but the error which I'm facing is different from what is explained.

Also, LMDB was properly synced.

The issue was resolved using the XML file available in the installation media.

Many Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Yes, before the upgrade, this was the first thing which I did.

I did check the SLD LMDB synch, Product system verification and using this product I generated the XML file.

I am still clueless what was wrong with the XML file which I generated!.

Many Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RolandKramer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You stepped into the "Chicken-egg Problem".

the stack XML for the SolMan cannot be created via MOPz, it is available via Support Packages and Patches | SAP Support Portal

Best Regards Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

This was the first thing I tried. It ended up in the following error " Stack definition file T:\stackoss.xml is rejected. Provide a new stack definition file and try again. java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equalsIgnoreCase(java.lang.String) of a null object returned from com.sap.sdt.util.xml.XMLElementIF.getContentTrimmed()"

That's the reason I had to switch to MOPz.

RolandKramer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Upgrade is done in two Steps for the SolMan.

ABAP is upgraded via SAINT directly, and JAVA will be upgraded via SUM and the option "javaonly".

To update the ABAP stack of your system, you use Support Package Manager (SPAM) of SAP Add-On Installation Tool (SAINT) depending on the type of software packages included in the current support package stack queue.

this is described in the SolMan Maintenance Guide https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000058892013E/UpgrGuide_SolMan15072013.pdf

Syntax:

/usr/sap//SUM/STARTUP javaonly

Best Regards Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I used SAINT because the SUM failed to calculate queue and I wanted to proceed with upgrade. Since SAINT also ended up in error. I prefer to  trouble shoot the SUM tool since its recommended and upgrades ABAP & JAVA in one single shot.

I resolved this issue by using the XML file available in the installation media (Media which updated system from SP4 to SP13). The queue got calculated and I was able to get past the phase.

Thanks.