cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase size of tablespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

On SAP tcode Db02, say the SIZE of Tablespace PSAPSR3USR is 50 GB and free space is 5 GB. The total size is also 50 GB.

the autoextend is NO. On DB02 - space overview, the free space on database is 200 GB.

Now i want to increase the SIZE of Tablespace PSAPSR3USR from 50 GB to 70 GB, how do I proceed?

If i add 10 GB of datafile using BRTOOLS, will the size of tablespace increase from 50 to 60GB?

Thanks,

Gavisht

MODERATOR: Take time to search before raising a thread.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gavisht,

You increase the tablespace using BRtools. I hope your tablespace total is 50 GB if it so then you have to increase 20 GB, it will added 20GB  from the current one and the total will be 70GB and free-space is 25 GB.  You can use BRTOOLS adding the data file. kindly follow the below link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0fcbcbf-1a8d-2e10-0885-f4f286e21...

Thanks,

BM

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can extend a tablespace by adding data file and you can use TSEXTEND function to do this. You can also check SAP Note 3155, the document SAP Database Guide:Oracle and BRSPACE and the How To Extend Table space on oracle.

Regards,

Bíborka