angular / sapui5 - Odata / UI
Is it possible to consume Odata from angular ?
How can I import angular library's into sapui5 environment ?
Can I merge this two frameworks ?
Answer to your question:
1. Angular / SAPUI5 or to merge this two:
These two should not be merged. We have to use either one of them based on best fit to the requirements. In Typical SAP projects SAPUI5 is the recommended choice. Angular framework is having unique features that any other MVC framework can not offer. If the UI design is simple and fit in to SAP UX strategy SAPUI5 is the best choice. UI requirement is high interactive/dynamic Angular is better choice (Ex: Virtual Conference Hall, Dynamic To-Do List, Book My Show - Seat Arrangements, Gaming Avatar - Life Indicator, etc.,)
2. Advantages / Disadvantages of Angular vs SAPUI5
I am not an expert, still I can give you some overview on this:
- Simple and easy MVC Framework
- Fiori UX Paradigm that SAP suggest fits for all kind of SAP Projects
- Development is simpler when we have usual rich internet web application
- Hard to develop High interactive rich internet web application, because there is no dependency injection, Manage state
- SAPUI5 can not talk to DOM objects virtually and manage its state as we do in Angular.
Working on Angular is all together different experience, because it has got some unique features.
- Complex High interactive rich internet web application can be developed very easily
- Easy to integrate third party library like Kendo UI
- Dependency Injection
- Declarative UI
- Managing the state of the UI objects and control over it
- Easy to Unit test
- We can not integrate Angular application in SAP Fiori Launchpad