cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2038 is NO.Routing path has no stage. Request is getting approved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 2038 as NO, and my Routing path(through GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLE_OWNER) has no stage. So, roles having no role owners are getting auto-approved.

How is this possible

Regards

Plaban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member226273
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Plaban,

Request will be auto approved if it goes to any path without any stages, irrespective of the value set for parameter 2038.

Kind regards,

Yashasvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

it is true. But then what is the significance of 2038.

regards

plaban

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sahoo,

I assume you have already referred the below SAP KBA notes,which gives details about the parameters 2038,if not please check

1757735 - Auto Approve Roles or Systems without Approver

1765630 - ARQ: "Auto Approve Roles without Approver" option not working when Role Owner stage is the first stage of the path

Hope helps you

Regards

Baithi

former_member226273
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Plaban,

Parameter 2038 will control the auto-approval of roles without role owners, i.e. when there is a role owner stage and no owner found.

If there is no stage in the path at all, this parameter will not even come into picture and it will be auto-approved.

Kind regards,

Yashasvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your 1st line means that, if i have only 1 stage(in my path), of Role Owner, and there is no Owner for a role, then it will get auto-approved. Are you sure it works for 2 stages also. because Note 1709391 - AC10: Auto Approve Roles without Approver Configuration Parameter 2038 is not Checked says otherwise

For 2nd line, i do  not understand, how GRC has made it possible. But is is applicable for other workflows?like Risk, function

Regards

plaban

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plaban,

this discussion is going round in circles. The answer has been given already by Yashasvi, Baithi and me.

If you have a question/problem please ask more specific and let us know what you want to achieve. Without the proper information we can not guide you thru your problems.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

Alesandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ab, i also see that. But there was conflicting answer by Yashasvi, to which i have replied in my previous post. As you can also see that, when there is no stage, SAP has answer that it is approved(irrespective of value of 2038). Does it not appear strange.

I was trying to test the same, for Risk Workflow. However, i will keep it to myself, as it seems, we are going no where

regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashasvi,

i set 2038 as YES, but i got request cancelled at  Role Owner stage.

regards

plaban

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Plaban,

please see the following note:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1765630

The issue is described there.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ab,

I have already applied solution of this note, as it is successful, as we have discussed in this thread. However, i had diff. question, for which i do not want to pull this thread any longer.

I appreciate your patience and humility.

thanks and regards

plaban

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Plaban,

if you route the request to a path without stages who should then approve the roles? For sure it gets automatically approved. If you set the value to NO you need to route the request to a stage that have approvers so they can approve roles without role approvers. For example you can use the security stage.

Hope you understand.

Cheers,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

these are default roles. so, they need to be auto-approved. But, i thought 2038 as YES, will enable this auto-approval.

I was testing for 2039 to be NO, but it still got approved. Then what is the use of 2038

Regards

plaban

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

seems that you are mixing up something (or at least I don't get it).

What do you want to achieve? Auto approval of roles can either be achieved by setting parameter 2038 to YES, or routing GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLE_OWNER to a path without stages. In both cases the roles are automatically approved by the system.

Let me know.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB

case1: 2038 is NO. Technically, when there is no Role Owner, the routing rule routes the request to a diff. path. But the path has no stages. So, it should give error as ' No agent found'. But it gets approved. Why? 

but i had to follow what GRC rules are: So, i had replicated this for Risk Approval workflow, by creating a Routing rule(for no RIsk owner). So, when a Risk had no Approver, it did go to the Routed path, but it still gave error" No agent found"

Case2: 2038 is YES. i haven't checked without Routing rule. I will check and let know.

regards

Plaban