cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Receipt Error - Account determination for cash missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

I'm new to SAP ByDesign and have an issue with the financial posting of a goods receipt for a non-stock PO with item type 'Material'

I have created a PO for a material with account assignment type CC - Cost Center and GL account A-7340 - Repair and maintenance which has an account assigned in 'Cost' -> 'General Expenses'.

The PO has been approved and then I have posted the goods receipt - all good at this point. The issue is that the financial posting has errors and when I review the error the advice points to configuration settings in Fine Tuning that has been configured and to some extent I'm not sure why the system is pointing to a cash posting either ?

The error is 'Account determination for cash missing' - 'Specify the account for chart of accounts Stork Global Chart of Account tab Bank Accounts' field 'Bank Accounts. Enter a general ledger account for the account determination group for cash 8010 and currency' but there is a bank account assigned to a bank in this areea.

There is a further message 'Referenced Purchase Order xxx not found'

Can anyone help ?

Thanks and regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PaulMcnally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If you do the following steps:

1. Go to Business Configuration work center.
  2. Go to Overview view.
  3. Open activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
  4. Under Account Determination section, open the Cash sub-ledger.

In the bank accounts tab, is there anything configured for 8010?  You should see the 8010 in the leftmost column "Account Determination Group for Cash".

Kind regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul,

I have entered specific GL Accounts against the five specific bank accounts in this section of the account determination.

I have previously created new account determination groups where required and have GL Accounts against them all - all accounts are 'cash' account types.

Any other options ?

Cheers

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi all

Thanks for all the helpful hints - I have been able to resolve the issue and there were two areas that this required updates for me..

First was the Financial Forecast configuration setting which required the supplier invoice line to have a cash account group entered - 8010.

Second - the account determination for cash as described above and in the error didn't need the AUD currency but it need a value with a blank value in the currency field.

Acct Det Grp    Curr          GL Account

8010                <Blank>    xxxxx

Thanks again and cheers

Chris

alexandre_colombo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

For the Referenced Purchase Order XXX no found error, please check whether you can find this purchase order under General Ledger -> Source Documents -> Unposted Source Documents.

Regards,

Alexandre.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

Yes - I haven't checked this screen but the GR document is there as an unposted source document.

The message is the same Referenced PO not found..

What should I do ?

Cheers

Chris

alexandre_colombo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Could you please raised an incident for this error?

Usually, when you have such errors of Referenced <document> not found means that this source document did not reach accounting and hence the follow up document cannot be posted as well. the Referenced document can usually be found in the same screen (General Ledger -> Source Document) with an error indicating why posting did not take place. However, when it comes to a purchase order as the referenced document, there are some different aspects that I'd like to check.

Regards,

Alexandre.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alexandre

I will raise an incident for this... but having an issue entering an email address to my user... when I have done this I'll create one

Regards

Chris

PaulMcnally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Did you update the account determination after the goods receipt was posted?  If so then you'll need to post the transaction for the goods receipt in unposted source documents view that Alexandre mentions.

Kind regards,

Paul