cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmed planned orders should not be considered in MRP run

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have multilevel BOM. At the first level, there is a FG material which is currently maintained with MRP type PD and it's proc. type is "E".

Now,Second, third, and forth levels are all phantom assembalies, and having MRP type PD only.

At the fifth level, there are raw materials.

As per Business requirement, the monthly planned independent requirements are given for second level material which is nothing but a SFG material.

Now, when we run MRP, system is creating firmed planned orders for first level FG material and creating dependent requirements of raw material against those planned orders.

But, business requirement is that, the MRP should not consider the first level FG material's planned orders and it should plan the materials from second level only.

I tried by maintaining MRP type ND for first level FG material, but then system system is not creating planned order for that FG material which is linked to sales order.

FG material is having strategy group 81 and SFG level materials having strategy group 10.

So, please guide me to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shripad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shripad,

You requirement is not possible in standard SAP you can consider implementing a BADI to control first level FG material dependent requirements passing to SFG level.

Use BADI MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA  BAdI: Change Data when Importing MDPSX to achieve your requirement.

BR
KK

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

As already mentioned by Kiran, this is not possible on standard and you should use a BAdI.

See the following blog with an example of BAdI implementation to make an MRP element not relevant to MRP:

BR
Caetano

0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

I have tried the BADI and method CHANGE_MDPSX_PLAF, but issue is not resolved yet. System is still creating planned orders releated to Sales orders of the FG materials.

should i change the method in BADI or need to do the different coding in BADI?

I have attached screen prints for your reference.

Please suggest me the method and required coding to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Shripad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have used BADI MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA and method CHANGE_MDPSX_MDRS to restrict the dependent requirements for FG materials.

It worked well and business requirement was also got fulfilled.

Thanks for cooperation and guidance to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Shripad R.

0 Kudos

Dear Shrpad,

I have also same scenario can you please guide me through step by step procedure to solve.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

This question has been closed in 2015. If you still have questions, related to it, please post a separated thread.

Regards,
Caetano

ShekharDamale
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shripad,

Try following configuration in strategy 81, advise to copy strategy and then change in coppied one.

Also do further configuration as per copied strategy and assign to header material.

Hope it work

Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shripad,

As you are using strategy 81 - Assemble-to-Order using planned order, system is creating a firmed planned order for the sales order requirement. This should happen the moment you create sales order but not after MRP run (as you mentioned). Since its a firmed planned order, MRP doesnt make changes in subsequent runs.

Now, other BOM levels being Phantom, the requirement directly passes to Raw Matrerial (last level). If you create PIR for any other level (SFG) , it will also be passed on to Raw material after MRP run as dependent requirement and system will create normal planned order against those PIRs.

I want to understand the exact issue here. Do you want FG requirement not to pass to Raw Material but keep on creating Firmed planned orders ?

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shripad,

If you do not want system to create dependent requirement of certain FG but still want to have planned orders created then try the option of BOM status.

Create a status key that doesnt allow MRP explosion and assign it to BOM header of FG:

System will create planned orders but BOM explosion will not take place and hence dependent requirement will not be generated from FG level. You can still have PIR created at SFG level to control RM requirement.

Thanks,

Rohit