cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Reduce Material stock in closed periods?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have an issue in my company,

Our Purchasing staff had made Purchase Order in IDR Currency, and Warehouse staff GR-ed it in February

In April, Our FI staff want to make Invoice(MIRO) for this transaction,

Invoice from supplier is in USD Currency, which mean Purchase Order were made with wrong currency

How to reduce the material stock (that valued in IDR) in closed period?

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The stock is always posted in your companies currency. It is just calculated based on the PO quantity and price.  And if there was not a bigger mistake with the exchange rate then a difference between the PO price  and hence the GR valuation and the invoice shouldn't really bother. It is possible to enter the invoice in its currency and SAP will take care about the difference posting and adjust the stock value if there is still stock available otherwise it goes to a difference account. But closed periods shall be kept close to avoid that some thousand records get messed up while you fix just a single one. This is actually discussed already some hundred times

Former Member
0 Kudos

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is actually a big mistake, they created the purchase order with the US price but added the wrong currency. So it is no just a small difference, it is actually huge.

But no matter how big the difference is SAP will do the same steps.

MIRO allows you to see the account postings before you save it., so just check how they will be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried to simulate it, it will posted as:

Account Payable     USD Value

Accrued Expense     IDR Value   

Material                  Difference

Purchasing             Difference

Purchase offset account     Difference

I want to ask about material tab in MIRO, can i use that to reduce material?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why did you take so much effort to translate what you see in the simulation into some useless info?

If you had just posted a screenshot we would know how much value is reduced from the material and eventually why you are not satisfied and still looking for other options to reduce.

(dont forget to mention the GR quantity and the current stock quantity along with the current price.)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you mean you have create in PO with wrong currency?

just  reverse the GR and recreate PO with Correct Currency and Pass IR

Regards

Inayath

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.